Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Longer ring Registry Edit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty258
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Longer ring Registry Edit?

When looking for ways to lengthen the rings so my Google voice voicemail will pick up instead of magic jack's, many people recommend the free Magicringforever tool, however I can't seem to get it to work.

A few posts mentioned something about a registry edit you can do to lengthen the ringing time. Could someone who knows please post it?

Thanks!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject:

You can try the following alternative sequence and see if it helps you get around whatever issues you are having using MagicRingForever:

1. Unplug your magicJack
2. Run MagicRingForever
3. When prompted to enable continuous ringing, enter "ENABLE" as your response and press the enter key.
4. When prompted for your 10 digit magicJack phone number, enter the number in the form xxxxxxxxxxx WITHOUT any special characters or spaces as your response and press the enter key.
5. Plug back in your magicJack
tsmith
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Works great.
Smitty258
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject:

I tried that alternative method you posted after seeing it in a post on your support forum.

The problem I'm having with MagicRingforever is this. While it is running, my magic jack shuts down. If I try and unplug it and plug it back in with the Magicringforever window still open, Windows will not recognize the MagicJack. It just displays as an "Unknown USB Device". As soon as I close out of MagicRingforever and unplug and plug the magic jack back in, everything loads as normal.

Any insight on this?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject:

If I understand what you are describing correctly, it sounds like there is a subtle procedural error in how you are trying to use the MagicRingForever tool.

For clarification, MagicRingForever, is NOT meant to be left running on your computer.

You only run the program one time when you want to Enable or Disable continuous ringing.

Unplug your magicJack USB dongle. Run MagicRingForever. Once it is finished and tells you to plug back in your magicJack, close the MagicRingForever window that is open on your screen and plug your magicJack USB dongle back into the USB port. That's it - you're done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: