Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
looking for best phone to go with magicjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubberchicken
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: looking for best phone to go with magicjack

can somebody tell me the best cordless phone to use with my magicjack the phone im using if i dial a number from the handset it wont go through i have to use the softphone keypad then works so i want to know what would be the best cordless phone to use
mswami
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Try Vtech 5.8GHz Model CS5121. I was using a Uniden cordless earlier and had problems with the Caller ID Display - it would not display the caller id. I then tried using an AC Powered USB Hub. That too did not work. Finally I connected MJ to the Vtech model mentioned above and Bingo!, I now get caller ID on my cordless handsets across the house!
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm using a Plantronics. A C12, I think, although it's not real obvious on the unit. I love it 'cause it has a head set and lets me walk around or sit at the computer and I hardly notice it's there.
richardtaur
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Try Vtech DECT 6.0. It looks really sexy. Clear voice.
mphixson
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject:

try GE model 27831, at walgreens for 15.88. works great and caller id displays on the handset as well.
cheap solution..

yes you can access voicemail with it, (tones work fine).

Last edited by mphixson on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject:

This is what I use with MJ, Panasonic KX-TG3034B 2.4 GHz Digital Spread Spectrum Cordless Telephone w/Digital Answering machine and 4 Handsets

DCSholtis
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm using one of those el cheapo mini flip phones. I also have a Jawbone bluetooth headset if I don't want to use the phone at a particular time so I switch back and forth.
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Can everyone above update their posts, and future posters to this thread please report on this important issue:

Does the phone that you are using correctly transmit touch tones AFTER MJ has connected a call (for controlling outside systems and voice mail).
DCSholtis
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject:

leons wrote:
Can everyone above update their posts, and future posters to this thread please report on this important issue:

Does the phone that you are using correctly transmit touch tones AFTER MJ has connected a call (for controlling outside systems and voice mail).

I can confirm mine does, yes.
jackthepumpkinking
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject:

My phone keypad has worked for all but one touch tone menu I've encountered, and I call a lot of them.
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:

jackthepumpkinking wrote:
My phone keypad has worked for all but one touch tone menu I've encountered, and I call a lot of them.

Which phone? Question
Bendle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I have this

http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=TRU9485&page=4#

with 4 handsets....

My MJ is plugged into a home phone wiring jack.

Been using it for a month as my primary phone system. GrandCentral -> MJ number.

Touch tones and Caller ID --- Works fine except for an occasional and very rare "Incomplete Data" message when downloading heavy torrents.....
I am using a Versalink integrated DSL modem wireless router which doesnt have QOS.... just ordered the DLINK DIR655.
gooney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Got me this set from amazon... works really good

click here
Bendle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I had that panasonic system you had... I took it back after about a couple months and exchanged it for the uniden... the uniden was much more intuituve and easier to understand the phone for the non technical (wife).

Some gripes were mostly little things...:

*No backlit on keypads
    *No speaker phone on the base (annoying!)
    *unit scratches up quickly due to silver... uniden is black and looks good 1 year later
    *No room monitor function (nice to listen to baby/kids/evesdrop on the wife talking to neighbor in the yard) Uniden can monitor ANY handset or base from another handset
    *ntercom required you to PICK the handset to call.. uniden has CALL ALL function
    *Uniden allows you to LABEL the handsets like KITCHEN, MASTER BEDROOM, OFFICE, etc... Panasonic was just an ID you had to memorize.
    *range was half of the uniden also... I get 4 houses down the street with mine... only 2 houses with the panasonic.
    *I also recall some annoying thing with the lights and notifications when in the cradle. I think it lights up all the time??
    *If you use the answering machine there is no way to know if there are listened old messages... the indicator goes off and I have to leave my wife a note to check it. annoying not to mention no number indicator.. dont know how many there are... easy solution is DONT USE IT.

oh and I totally forgot.... my favorite function on the uniden is the DO NOT DISTURB button on the base... push it and all ringers are OFF....

...as if anyone cares...
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject:

A very nice feature of the Panasonic Dect-6 is you can transfer the programming and phone book from one phone to another and/or all.

PS - Is it my end or is this board extremely slow tonight?
Bendle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject:

HolmanGT wrote:
A very nice feature of the Panasonic Dect-6 is you can transfer the programming and phone book from one phone to another and/or all.[/b]

Uniden does it too:

Advanced Phonebook Features: - Store up to 100 Names, Store Up to 2 Numbers per Name, Alphabetical Search, Personalized Ringers, Transfer Single Listing or Entire Phonebook

but

Can your panasonic handsets be used as walkie-talkies? Uniden can. Pretty neat. 2-way communication. Fun on road trips or car caravans.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Well I don't know for sure but there is a button that say intercom so I guess I can, just don't have anyone else in the house to intercom to. Sad
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject:

HolmanGT wrote:

PS - Is it my end or is this board extremely slow tonight?

Its been super slow/timming out for the last few months...now it is working much better though! I am guessing the admin talked with makeforum and got more resources for this thing...
Peace
Kumar

chat.magichack.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
newb2jack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject:

Anyone know what goes well with he Mac version of the software? My el cheapo worked ok with the PC version, but not with the Mac software.. Also, can someone post a link to the mini flip everyone is talking about?
Number Three
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: GE Deft 6.0 Ultra Slim Phone

I purchased this phone because it would be easy to travel with. The voice quality is very good when MJ is working properly (I get unusable voice quality from MJ appx 40% of the time). However, it does not generate tones successfully after dialing. I think it did work for a while back in Feb but does not work at all now so I have to use the soft pad.
shampooguy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I've tried quit a few phones, and none fixed the call quality issues I've had with MJ. I have 3 different Unidens, an old 900mhz, a 2.4, and a DECT. I tried the Panasonic DECT, but returned it when I determined call quality wasn't any better and wanted to get my $70 back. I also have a 900mhz GE, and I tried a corded GE w/ CID.
gooney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject:

shampooguy wrote:
I've tried quit a few phones, and none fixed the call quality issues I've had with MJ. I have 3 different Unidens, an old 900mhz, a 2.4, and a DECT. I tried the Panasonic DECT, but returned it when I determined call quality wasn't any better and wanted to get my $70 back. I also have a 900mhz GE, and I tried a corded GE w/ CID.

It's not a phone issue obviously. What kind of internet service do you have and what is your internet speed? What kind of modem do you have and how old? Are you using a router? Are you using wireless from the router to your pc/laptop where MJ is installed? How many pc's is hooked to your router? Do any of your pc's have a P2P programs like bittorrent? Is your pc maintained(infested free)? How many processors are running? What is the cpu percentage usage? Did you test your voip here --> http://www.voipreview.org/voipspeedtester.aspx... If so what was your rate and what was your Quality of Service percentage...Was there any packets lost? Do you have a local number from MJ? What is your area code? Have you tried MJ on another pc? Are you using a USB hub? Did you try hooking MJ on different USB ports? Are you using the extension?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: