Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Losing my mind here, tried everything I can think of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
signmeuptoo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Losing my mind here, tried everything I can think of

Hey guys. I only got my magic jack a week ago...

Well, Monday very early in the AM I was on Creative Labs website looking to see if they had updated drivers for Vista and downloaded what I thought were drivers for XP also. I tried installing and it went 1/2 way through, when I realized I had messed up.

Anyways, I uninstalled the sound drivers, even used driver cleaner pro, and I just can't get my magic jack to work now.

What happens is that while the softphone is loading a pop up window appears that says across the top "no audio devices found", even though I have my sound driver running just fine. Not only that, but it hangs and then freezes and I have to force that window and the softphone window to close with ctrl alt delate end processs.

I have spent 2 days, I spent 5 hours with magic jack on this, with no joy.

The magic jack will work in my Vista install on the same computer. It will work on the XP install of my roomate, but it won't work on my XP Pro install. My sound card is an Audigy 2 ZS which seems to be working just fine. I also have on board AC 97 sound, and tried that, but now have it BIOS disabled and the driver removed, still to no joy.

I tried as best I could to clear the registry by hand, used CClearner, and driver cleaner pro. No joy. I cleared the Magic Jack application directory files. No joy.

I formatted the magic jack and ran update. No joy. I ran their recover utility, no joy.

I am kind of losing my mind. I really need this to work badly, I can't afford to lose the use of this, and I dread having to reinstall Windows!!!

Please, someone try to help me! Crying or Very sad
gooney
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject:

what device did you set it to? telephone or headset/other? if you have it set to telephone it uses the tigerjet usb internet phone audio, look in your device manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" see if you have "USB Internet Phone by Tigerjet" in there.
LikeMagic
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried XP's System Restore feature to go back to previous safe point?
mphixson
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem message, but in dual boot system,
works in XP Pro 32 bit , but not in Vista Business 32 bit on my oldest computer.
Same message as well, since day 1.
If you figure it out, post your fix.. thanks.
audio is CMI8738/C3DX chipset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: