Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lost Password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raja734
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Lost Password

Hi,

I have a magic jack device. But i dont know the magic jack number.
one of my friend has sent it to me as a new device. But its not a new one.
already registered but he forgot the number and email also.
Then how can i use it? can you please do the needful asap?

Thanks
Raja
raja734
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Lost Password

can anyone help me with this?
greenman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm making some wide assumptions in my suggestions below. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

When you plug the device into your windows OS computer USB port, it should automatically attempt to install the magicJack software. If you don't see that happening, go to Windows Start Icon --> Computer and view the existing drives. You should see a CD drive with a couple folders in it. Find the autorun.exe file and click it. It will download the software needed to run the phone and you should see the telephone number at the top center of your magicJack window when the installation is complete. Youll also see a large panel of obnoxious advertising which cannot be removed, but that's the game we play for using magicJack USB. :/

If you don't see this window after the install or you don't see a phone number, the phone contract has probably lapsed. You'll need to do one of two things: start a new contract, or download and install pcphonesoft.com's gvjack app for magicJack.

The gvjack app uses the hardware and changes the software so that you can use your Google Voice account with the hardware instead of magicJack software. If you go this route, you will be subject to whatever GV charges for long-distance service in your country, plus the one-time fee of $20 for the app itself.

If you don't live in the US, you may be out of luck for a new magicJack account. As far as I know, the person who originates and authorizes the service must live within the US.

If you plug in the phone and all the above happens and you see a telephone number and you start getting many calls from angry people, you may have a stolen phone, in which case, you should probably question your relationship with your friend.

If the phone is new and was never authorized in the US before it was sent to your location outside the US, you may not be able to authorize it from your location due to international restrictions, etc., etc.

If the phone was authorized by your friend and the service contract is still effective when you install the phone software on your computer, you may not need the user name and password if the hardware was previously authorized. In fact, I had no trouble installing mine on a new laptop. I was not asked for any password.

The computer upon which you install your USB-only magjcJack must remain on for a USB-only magicJack to work. You cannot turn off the computer and expect the phone to receive or make calls. It relies on the computer for much of its function.

The magicJack+ can be removed from your USB port and plugged into a power adapter and an ethernet jack as well as a phone jack to receive calls -- no computer necessary after checking to see if the account is still live.

Good luck.
appocalypse
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: magicktalk

EXCUSE ME!!
Can anybody help me Smile
the magictalk application dont work? does anyone know what to do ?
appocalypse
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Password

EXCUSE ME!!
Can anybody help me
the magictalk application dont work? does anyone know what to do ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: