Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lost Ph Number with new service (Moved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Centurion
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Lost Ph Number with new service (Moved)

About 2 years ago I was a MajicJack customer with a number with a 202 area code. I used this number for several things and would like to maintain it. Despite this, for a variety of reasons, I let my account lapse.

I recently received an email from the MJ company that advised me that I was selected for a special deal, that I could get a new MJ+ for a reduced cost and the same time renew my service, which had lapsed, for a year. I went ahead and placed my order.

So tonight I think that maybe I can use my Android phone with Talk Free to access the new account. I install the app and in assigns me some random phone number out of Florida when I log in with my old account information. I want to use my old 202 number with my Android phone until my MJ+ arrives. So I contact Tech Support and their plan is that I reinstall my old MJ, and then buy a new year of service just so that I deactivate my device so that I may reuse my 202 number of the device.

Of course I have no desire to do this. Are there any other methods to reuse my old number, hopefuly with the new MJ+ as well as the Android App? Why could I not temporary use my MJ+'s activation code with my old MJ, deactivate it, and then reuse it with the new MJ+?
Centurion
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject:

Wow, over 100 views and not one response. My must have a real problem on my hands to stump all the experts! Laughing
tefin13am
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Ph Number with new service (Moved)

Centurion wrote:
About 2 years ago I was a MajicJack customer with a number with a 202 area code. I used this number for several things and would like to maintain it. Despite this, for a variety of reasons, I let my account lapse.

I recently received an email from the MJ company that advised me that I was selected for a special deal, that I could get a new MJ+ for a reduced cost and the same time renew my service, which had lapsed, for a year. I went ahead and placed my order.

So tonight I think that maybe I can use my Android phone with Talk Free to access the new account. I install the app and in assigns me some random phone number out of Florida when I log in with my old account information. I want to use my old 202 number with my Android phone until my MJ+ arrives. So I contact Tech Support and their plan is that I reinstall my old MJ, and then buy a new year of service just so that I deactivate my device so that I may reuse my 202 number of the device.

Of course I have no desire to do this. Are there any other methods to reuse my old number, hopefuly with the new MJ+ as well as the Android App? Why could I not temporary use my MJ+'s activation code with my old MJ, deactivate it, and then reuse it with the new MJ+?

I believe that your magicJack was already deactivated. There are possibilities that your phone number is still available during the reactivation of your device. Try to visit tech chat and ask if the phone number that you have was taken by other customers. If not yet taken, then you can use your phone number on your Android phone. Just make sure to register it under the same account with your magicJack.
Centurion
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks, but I know that it has not been reissued, I called it and the automated voice says so.

I can not choise any numbers on MJ.com. It will only show me available area codes and prefixes.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: