Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Loud Shreaking noise when on the phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkb246
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Loud Shreaking noise when on the phone

I'm on the phone and hear a loud shreking sound. I don't know if this Magic Jack thing is going to work if the sound quality isn't going to be great. I have Optimum Online Boost so there is no bandwidth issue.

We will see
leons
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

Was it your wife? Evil or Very Mad (Sorry in advance!!! Saw the title and couldn't help it! Twisted Evil )!
saxman
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject:

try a few things before giving up. Alot of times this thing needs a little tweaking to work right. Try another port without the extension cord they sent you. Go into MENU and make sure the volume is no more then 1/3 up. Try another phone. Don't run any big downloads while using the phone. Run a VOIP test. Then consider buying the one item that seems to work on removing any bad audio. The Hawking HBB1 Broadband Booster. Spend some quality time with the tech support people at MJ-lolHave you tried removing and reinstalling it?
gooney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject:

leons wrote:
Was it your wife? Evil or Very Mad (Sorry in advance!!! Saw the title and couldn't help it! Twisted Evil )!

ROTFLMAO it was the generic lotion he was using lol, use a brand name lotion to reduce the shreaking noise lol... J/P guys... mods can delete my spam... but it was a crack though... have a nice day (LMAO on the way out)
ttoo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Screeeech!

I have the same problem not with my wife with MJ. I've started just leaving my MJ unplugged and plug it in once a week to check for updates. I also try making calls once a week with the MJ but so far the noise has been there. I've quit recommending MJ because of this problem, as well as other problems I've had with MJ and because of the lack of technical support. Right now I consider MJ a "tech toy" rather than a reliable tool for communication.
jkb246
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: The problem is that I have 2 USB ports up front

But If I plugged in the MJ I would probably break it since there is not much clearance. I will try turning the volume down.

And no not married here so no wife shreaking lol.
saxman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

for less then 50 bucks, that phone can sound as good as any landline and if you have dsl, it'll run faster-check it out
http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=36&FamID=80&ProdID=216
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: