Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Love it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krieg
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Love it!

What a great little device. I plugged it in, waited a few minutes for everything to load, and "bam"............I was talking to my brother in NY. We're in Florida. Than my other brother in Tennessee, than some friends in Nevada. We just had a new grand daughter up north also, and the Magic Jack has more than paid for itself in the past week.
Have not had any real problems except a little "clipping". This was caused by my AV program updating itself while I was talking. We also discovered that the phone you use makes a BIG difference in the quality, on both ends of the conversation. It's a good idea to check the task manager to see what running.
This is an old computer too, a Plll with a 933 mHz processor and the slowest DSL out there. Magic Jack works like a dream for me. Cool Thanks! Very Happy
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Had problems running MJ on my Dell Laptop so built up an old HP 650MHz machine to run MagicJack and it performs great!

"I don't trust MJ enough to run it on my main machines"

Love It! Very Happy
caudill22
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:

I think that appears to be the general consensus. To get the best quality phone call everytime, use a dedicated box to run the magicJack. I just pulled an old laptop out of the closet to run my magicJack and it appears to work without any issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: