Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Low volume on telephone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drsprite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Low volume on telephone?

Hello,

I have purchased 2 separate cordless phones and both of them are very quiet. Even with the volume all the way up.

Could the magicJack not be supplying enough volume to the phones?

Is there a way to check?

Thanks
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject:

did u go on the soft phone and tern up that volume

to do that click * Menu*

then click volume/ headset control

you will see 2 bars at bottom of box

one is speaker and the other mic just Increase Volume on speaker

also at the top of box look to see if telephone is clicked if not click it

hope this help

have a good one
drsprite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject:

scotty200 wrote:
did u go on the soft phone and tern up that volume

to do that click * Menu*

then click volume/ headset control

you will see 2 bars at bottom of box

one is speaker and the other mic just Increase Volume on speaker

also at the top of box look to see if telephone is clicked if not click it

hope this help

have a good one

I have tried this and the volume on the phone is still pretty quiet.

Any other suggestions?
scotty200
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject:

have u tried a different USB port or even a powered USB hub just to see if it power thing . Also go back in to the Menu and look to see that the sound is set to the mj and not the sound card
it my be just a defective mj too u can go to there site and order a replacement for $10.00 from what i have read in this form

have a good one
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject:

If you are using a Windows Vista/7 computer, it actually has 2 sets of volume controls - one master volume control for the magicJack USB dongle itself and one for the magicJack dialer application. Unless something has recently changed, the volume you can achieve by adjusting the magicJack dialer application volume settings is relative to the master volume setting.

To adjust the master volume control for the magicJack USB dongle go to Start/Control Panel/Sound/Playback. Select the device name related to your magicJack USB dongle from the list of playback devices displayed and then click on the "Properties" button. Select the "Levels" tab on the window that appears and set the volume level to the maximum setting allowed and then press the "OK" button.

Once you do that you can better tailor the volume using the volume control settings you previously worked with in the magicJack dialer. If you still have challenges, double check the actual instruction manual that came with your phone to see if you have properly adjusted your phone's internal volume settings.
drsprite
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
If you are using a Windows Vista/7 computer, it actually has 2 sets of volume controls - one master volume control for the magicJack USB dongle itself and one for the magicJack dialer application. Unless something has recently changed, the volume you can achieve by adjusting the magicJack dialer application volume settings is relative to the master volume setting.

To adjust the master volume control for the magicJack USB dongle go to Start/Control Panel/Sound/Playback. Select the device name related to your magicJack USB dongle from the list of playback devices displayed and then click on the "Properties" button. Select the "Levels" tab on the window that appears and set the volume level to the maximum setting allowed and then press the "OK" button.

Once you do that you can better tailor the volume using the volume control settings you previously worked with in the magicJack dialer. If you still have challenges, double check the actual instruction manual that came with your phone to see if you have properly adjusted your phone's internal volume settings.

Brilliant. My playback volume was at 60, I've moved it to 100. This may have been the fix. So far it seems to have made a difference.

Will let you know in a few days Smile

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: