Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LOW Volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebise
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: LOW Volume

I have magicjack hooked via the small usb wire that it came with and then to a cordless phone. But whenever we make a call using magicjack the volume is so low that you have to put the phone very close to your ear, it's not the phone as i swapped it with another one and still the same thing. So how can i fix this low volume issue, we do not use the softphone at all just have it hooked to the phone.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Did you try to adj the speaker in the Volume/headset control section?
It affects both softphone AND phone hooked up to the MJ..
It is also possible you need and external POWERED USB hub. This is what I use
http://www.windmilltrading.com/USBProds/4_Port_AC_Powered_USB_Hub_2000mA_HUB-4U2ABK.htm

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jebise
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject:

no both are at mid level right now(defaults), what should i change them too, max both? Also i had it hooked via the small usb wire it came with coz without that it blocks all my usb ports that i need, i removedd it and called my sister and it looked like the quility improved and now i have it hooked via a more thicker cable will report back.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the extension cable it comes with is NOT of the best quality. I have heard of people having all kinds of problems with it. I only have my speaker and mic setting 1/3 of the way so I would not raise yours any higher..
Good gjob trouble shooting!!

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jebise
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Well my mom is using it right now and she said it's alright, yeah the cable was very handy so i could use the other 3 usb port around them. This actually took me an hours to figure out that it was a small thing as a wire. At first i thought is was because i was running it as a windows service, then i though maybe a update could fix it ran the june/19 update no go. Then i'm like why not try it without the wire and it worked so i got a much thicker one that i got from someplace tried it with that and it seems fine.

Also i dunno if this was a issue because of the usb wire i was using before but, when we used the magicjack number to call my aunt she always complained that it was a different number like sometimes she would hear music other time people screaming. Maybe the crappy magicjack usb wire was causing that i do not know. So if anyone has a similar issue please let me know how you fixed it.

EDIT: It seems that after about half hour the volume went back to being very low, but cannot say for sure as i dialed out main house number and was talking from a different room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: