Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lucky Me contact list gone again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abzon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Lucky Me contact list gone again

After going through all the fixes last year to downgrade and reload my contact list each time I got lucky
It seems that now no matter what you do you get upgraded again or MJ just will not operate I spent several hours on the MJ chat line and I will post some of the responses I got

Abe: I can see that there are HUNDREDS of users with this same problem and Always after a upgrade

Jillian: Yes, I understand that.

Abe: OK but you dont understand

Abe: it is not working if the list is not there .....is it?

Abe: what if YOUR cell phone did this would it be WORKING?

Jillian: It will work Abe only you can't see your contact list.

Abe: so if the contact list NEVER appears again it is the official position of MAGIC JACK that their product is working fine just not fully functional?

Abe: since after all it will make and recieve calls?

Jillian: Yes Abe.

So you see they really don't care
wmpryor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject:

I am having the exact same problem. A downgrade/upgrade used to bring my contact list back, but now no matter what I do the contact list and the calls list do not appear. I have spent at least an hour every day since Tuesday and I've run through the diagnostics with five different techs. One of them finally said: "Engineering is aware of the problem and they are working on it." If that is the case, why jerk me around for hours! I did a complete system and hard drive restore to a time when the MJ worked fine. When I booted my computer the contacts actually loaded for about 2 seconds, but then the "Lucky Me" upgrade started automatically and I ended up with the "unable to download your contacts" message. This leads me to believe that their latest upgrade is screwed up.
Abzon
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject:

wmpryor wrote:
I am having the exact same problem. A downgrade/upgrade used to bring my contact list back, but now no matter what I do the contact list and the calls list do not appear. I have spent at least an hour every day since Tuesday and I've run through the diagnostics with five different techs. One of them finally said: "Engineering is aware of the problem and they are working on it." If that is the case, why jerk me around for hours! I did a complete system and hard drive restore to a time when the MJ worked fine. When I booted my computer the contacts actually loaded for about 2 seconds, but then the "Lucky Me" upgrade started automatically and I ended up with the "unable to download your contacts" message. This leads me to believe that their latest upgrade is screwed up.

The point is that they think we are stupid ....the contact list does not and never has loaded from their servers it is ALWAYS on the MJ it just is not able to find it after upgrades I know this because I was told so by their support

Abe: why does a contact list on my computer have to download from your site

Abe: why not switch the contact list to the other side of the screen the commercials never stop working

Jillian: It is in your magicJack software but not visible this time. With the help of upgrade file to be downloaded it will be back again if it's not deleted purposely.

Abe: with the new upgrade you cant even look at anything to with the MJ if you try it tells you to insert a disk into the drive

Jillian: Yes, we can't look in to the device, the engineers has more knowledge on how it works.
halibut
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: working without contact list

If one gets a telephone with it's own contact list, then one wouldn't need MJ's contact list. I had been doing this since I got my MJ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: