Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lucky Us???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Lucky Us???

Just got an new MJ "Lucky You" update 5 min ago. Seems like it is up to version 2.0.6. So far so good...
Any one else?? Good? bad??
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
notdeadyet
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject:

seems good here too!!!

I still have no 911 for US number in Canada (like I did for a couple of weeks last month), and I still have to set my speaker volume to HIGH EVERYTIME I restart MJ, so no new fixes there yet Sad
Mimon
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject:

seems like the load-up is a little quicker and the audio is clearer too,not like it sounded before the last couple updates,sounded like a cheap transistor radio
tsmith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject:

It would be nice to have release notes with these updates, but that's asking too much, eh?
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Did the v2.0.6 update on all my HP 5720 TC's (512/512) and have had no issues whatsoever.
stevereno
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject:

tsmith wrote:
It would be nice to have release notes with these updates...

AGREED!
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject:

tsmith wrote:
It would be nice to have release notes with these updates, but that's asking too much, eh?

One would think.. Most software, even firmware updates all come with a change log.. BUT those updates are voluntary and after reading the change log WE decide whether or not to update. So when an update is FORCED upon us, a change log really serves no purpose because we are getting the update, like it or not.. LUCKY US for sure...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsmith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Yessir.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Except that it reset my voice mail again, as I posted in" Rants and raves" before I got to this thread. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
MorkeuM
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject:

I, like the most of us I guess, did receive the "Lucky You Upgrade" and it fixed a lot of problems I had with my MJ. The time limit (I was down to thirty minutes from an hour and a half) is gone, and I do not have any kind of problems with my audio settings, wich was quite annoying.
V-Man
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Things went very smoothly on my setup too! I wasn't even aware that we'd received a push until a friend called me asking for help. He's running 512 flash but only 256M RAM. I'd told him a while back he needed to up it to 512M....duh? Confused

Oh well, I had him to drop his Z Ramdisk size down to 4 Meg and his TC finally accepted the push. I bet he upgrades now. Mr. Green
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject:

V-Man wrote:
Things went very smoothly on my setup too! I wasn't even aware that we'd received a push until a friend called me asking for help. He's running 512 flash but only 256M RAM. I'd told him a while back he needed to up it to 512M....duh? Confused

Oh well, I had him to drop his Z Ramdisk size down to 4 Meg and his TC finally accepted the push. I bet he upgrades now. Mr. Green

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject:

My MJ was working OK until some time recently. When I made a call to my friend, I could hear him for about one minute, and then I couldn't hear him. On Incoming calls, this problem doesn't happen. Anybody experiencing this? He has comcast.

Ernie
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject:

pbjandfritos wrote:
My MJ was working OK until some time recently. When I made a call to my friend, I could hear him for about one minute, and then I couldn't hear him. On Incoming calls, this problem doesn't happen. Anybody experiencing this? He has comcast.

Ernie

Seems quite a few here are having problems with Comcast as their ISP. Try searching for comcast and see what you get..

Here is one link:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/if-you-cant-hear-incoming-or-outgoing-calls-please-sign-here-t10175.html
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I do not have Comcast, but My friend has Comcast Digital Voice, and it just started happening today.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

pbjandfritos wrote:
I do not have Comcast, but My friend has Comcast Digital Voice, and it just started happening today.

And when you call someone NOT using Comcast?? Does it work??

If not lots of posts here about hearing, not hearing, etc... Just look at the headers in the Technical Support section...
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: volume control

I got the Lucky Me and now MJ has taken control of my volume control (on Win XP Pro).

I cannot turn the master volume on my machine up past about 75% and I cannot turn it down past about 25%.

I wonder if they actually test their upgrades before they push them out?

Yep, I will be moving to netTalk soon!!!
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: volume control

jsherk wrote:
I got the Lucky Me and now MJ has taken control of my volume control (on Win XP Pro).

I cannot turn the master volume on my machine up past about 75% and I cannot turn it down past about 25%.

I wonder if they actually test their upgrades before they push them out?

Yep, I will be moving to netTalk soon!!!

Go to menu and select telephone instead of headset
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks laserjobs, that worked!!

I just spent an hour and 45 minutes chatting with mj no-support people and they could not figure it out! They even wanted me to download and install divx. I said no because I knew it had nothing to do with whether or not I had divx installed.

Although that does not explain why it does that when it is set to headset... if I want to blow my ears out on my headset, that should be my choice!

Thanks
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject:

I JUST noticed my monitor is not going into power save mode since the "lucky you" update, a la the first MJ 2.0 update... Anyone else seeing this??

I did the work around it it started working again..

I then re-started MJ and the power save mode still worked.. Odd..

So something else to keep ones eyes open for.. MAYBE it is a one time thing.
Nugrl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject:

bitstopjoe wrote:
pbjandfritos wrote:

Ernie

Seems quite a few here are having problems with Comcast as their ISP. Try searching for comcast and see what you get..

Here is one link:
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/if-you-cant-hear-incoming-or-outgoing-calls-please-sign-here-t10175.html

I have Comcast for my internet, so does this mean I should be concerned? I don't even want to say I am not having any problems since the latest update, or I am sure I will jinx myself!!! Shocked
hey, wait, where's nailgunner, we always seem to end up with the same problems.
@nailgunner, is everything working fine for you? just wanted an advance warning what to be on the look out for!?!? Rolling Eyes
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the issue is different than what I described earlier. When I call my friend who has comcast, I ccan talk for about 30-40 seconds. Then the call hangs up. When he calls me back, it doesn't happen. When I call his T-mobile Cell Phone, I can talk to him with no problems. I am not going to worry about it because I am hopefully going to get the NetTalk Duo for Christmas.

Ernie
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Nugrl wrote:

I have Comcast for my internet, so does this mean I should be concerned? I don't even want to say I am not having any problems since the latest update, or I am sure I will jinx myself!!! Shocked
hey, wait, where's nailgunner, we always seem to end up with the same problems.
@nailgunner, is everything working fine for you? just wanted an advance warning what to be on the look out for!?!? Rolling Eyes

Everything is okie dokie in Nailgunner MJ world. And I TOO have Comcast internet, for about another 2 weeks. I have absolutely no issues with Comcast and my MJ.

I would be concerned if I was PBJ, that switching to another system might just bring the same issue with it. It doesn't sound like a MJ problem to me. Could be something with his friends Comcast Digital Voice. Or with his friends firewall/anti-virus settings. If there is no other call that is giving him problems other than calls to his friends computer phone, he could easily have the same problem with NetTalk.
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject:

This problem never happened. I think that it is a surver issue because when I call him sometimes I get the fast busy. My friend has Comcast Digital Voice as a phone provider. He says that that problem doesn't happen when other people call him. I have the same setup that I have been running for over a year. I have Windows XP SP3 and I am using Windows Firewall with Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus program. On incoming calls, It doesn't hang up after thirty seconds.

Ernie
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject:

pbjandfritos wrote:
This problem never happened. I think that it is a surver issue because when I call him sometimes I get the fast busy. My friend has Comcast Digital Voice as a phone provider. He says that that problem doesn't happen when other people call him. I have the same setup that I have been running for over a year. I have Windows XP SP3 and I am using Windows Firewall with Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus program. On incoming calls, It doesn't hang up after thirty seconds.

Ernie

I would think if it was a server issue that it would happen on more than calls to one person. Who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: