Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
luvin the magicjack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomahawk1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: luvin the magicjack

had it for about 1 month, my wife calls china with it and her phone card. no complaints there (saves LOTS OF cell phone minutes), i call relatives out of state, no problems at all so far.
this is saving me about 30$/month.
dinat411
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Enjoy it while you can. My goods times lasted about 2 months. Its been down hill since. It will save money. But, l8tr due to the amount of fustration, troubleshooting and repetative chats with tech support, you'll have a change of heart. I only wish I would have found this site before I bought the MJ. Good luck.
Very Happy
Alesana
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject:

Good to hear that.. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Enjoy it while you can. My goods times lasted about 2 months.

Individual results may vary. I've had two for about a year-and-a-half now and love them. Even though I rarely use the second one, I re-upped since I thought the $20 was a cheap price to pay for a back up phone number.

Perfect? No. But it sure beats the heartburn I would get every time I had to deal with the crooks at Verizon.

I know some of the more technical types on the forum have some intriguing set ups, but with my MJ, it's pretty much just plug-and-play. My cell phone remains my primary phone, although I'm now giving out my Google Voice number as my primary contact. But for calling out, keeping my cell phone minutes to a minimum and freeing it up, I love my little bundle of joy.

To dina411, I would say keep trying and good luck. I wouldn't put much faith in tech support, although my limited experience with them has been good.
cell14
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
My cell phone remains my primary phone, although I'm now giving out my Google Voice number as my primary contact. But for calling out, keeping my cell phone minutes to a minimum and freeing it up, I love my little bundle of joy.

I would not call it a bundle of joy but so far it has been worth every penny. I simply need two independent phone lines. My cell phone plan covers just about all my calling needs but I still use MJ whenever I am at my desk. It also saves the flimsy battery they put in the cell phones these days- there is a reason why they guarantee them for only 3 months now. While MJ could do significantly better the truth is that a VOIP service can be only as good as the broadband you have. My copper wire , congested, old fashioned DSL service cannot be called perfect.
Comes November,if still in business, I will be renewing.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I would not call it a bundle of joy

I borrowed the phrase from a member of the forum, Magic Jack Joe, who I haven't seen post for a while.

Although I gave him credit, it tickled my funnybone, so I began using it. When you could spoof with the MJ, it really was a bundle of joy. I often said the pure entertainment value of fooling with the settings, messing with Perl scripts, etc. made it worth the price of admission.

Of course, now I don't have my friends saying bad things about my mother because of the annoying echo.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject:

My MJ dongle has been working smooth with all the new updates,wireless connection has been fully optimized and is much more responsive. Smile
tomahawk1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

another month gone by.... still luvin the magic Jack! No problems at all with it on my Vista machine.
another month another 30$ saved. man this thing will pay for my homeowners insurance!
MagicPhoneMan
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I thought MJ would be a joke but I bought it because it was something new to tinker with. After 2 years I had no idea it would be this great. My phone bill went from $49.95 a month to $1.66 a month. you can't beat that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Reviews, Rants and Raves All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: