Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mac Beta anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mjack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Mac Beta anyone?

has anyone installed Mac Beta successfully? or is it just I who cant update to mac Beta? I am trying to upgrade my magicjack to Mac Beta, but it seems that it wont download the necessary files needed. After the Java Applet loads, the screen say's "Failed to download the files necessary to upgrade your MagicJack™. Please contact technical support." and "An error occurred while upgrading your MagicJack™.". Does anybody had the same problem? I am upgrading it in windows based computer, mine is XP, as the website has stated. The Magic Fix works fine for me. -NO PROBLEM. but the Mac Beta won't work. Any help Question
kconaty
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Make sure that the version of java that you are running is the latest
Mjack
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Make sure that the version of java that you are running is the latest:

Hi kconaty, My Java version installed is version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_03-b05) I think this is the latest. I hope you can give more suggestions please. Thanks.
watcher
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:

I have the Mac version on my Mac Pro.

I am very disappointed. It stops working very soon. Then I must unmount the USB drive and eject the magicjack and reinsert and try again. It actually works better in vmware Windows inside the mac then in os x itself.

Running Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.66 DuoCores; 3GB RAM
testing123
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:

watcher wrote:
I have the Mac version on my Mac Pro.

I am very disappointed. It stops working very soon. Then I must unmount the USB drive and eject the magicjack and reinsert and try again. It actually works better in vmware Windows inside the mac then in os x itself.

Running Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.66 DuoCores; 3GB RAM

watcher (sorry Mjack, not trying to threadjack): When you run via VMware are you able to use an analog phone (i.e., via the RJ11 jack on the MJ) ??? Or can you only use the Softphone?

I am very curious. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: