magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac hybridizer for old magicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanNoga
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Mac hybridizer for old magicJack Reply with quote

I have an older magicJack that has never been used with a mac. Thus, it doesn't have any of the mac software on it. I remember that we used to be able to upgrade the magicJack to the mac software by using this link:

http://support.magicjack.com/hybridizer/macUpgrade.html

The problem now is that the link no longer works and brings you to a java application that doesn't work. Is there any other way to install this software on my magicJack. Thanks!
cheesewiz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote

Interested in this too. Does someone have magicjack.app that they could sen?
Gregg
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Mac hybridizer for old magicJack Reply with quote

IanNoga wrote:
I have an older magicJack that has never been used with a mac. Thus, it doesn't have any of the mac software on it. I remember that we used to be able to upgrade the magicJack to the mac software by using this link:

http://support.magicjack.com/hybridizer/macUpgrade.html

The problem now is that the link no longer works and brings you to a java application that doesn't work. Is there any other way to install this software on my magicJack. Thanks!

When magicJack first published that link, I downloaded all of the files. I have a mirror of them here: http://www.filesavr.com/machybridizer.

(The readme.txt file was added by me to remind me where I downloaded the files from. Everything else is a direct copy from magicJack.)

I never actually installed this, but would be interested in any success you have.
chadmd23
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a long session with mj support, and from what I can gather you can either use the mj with either a PC or a Mac. Its not a plug and play device, you have to make sure either the PC or Mac software is installed on the actual mj. So if you want to switch between, you have to format the drive, and run the appropriate upgrade software.

They sent me the Mac software and I can send it to you, just send me a msg. The PC software can be found on the website.
GuyOnTheAir
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, this is only partly true. Yes, you have to have the software for the right operating system on the mJ device, but once you do, you can swap between operating systems all day long without any further problems.

The mJ originally came with just the PC software. Then the Mac software was introduced. If you wanted to use it on a Mac, you had to run the Mac hybridizer, or what today is the Mac "upgrade" program. Once you do, your mJ can be plugged into either Windows or Mac, and will function just fine. I switch OSs all day long with mine and never give it a second thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chadmd23
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyOnTheAir wrote:
Actually, this is only partly true. Yes, you have to have the software for the right operating system on the mJ device, but once you do, you can swap between operating systems all day long without any further problems.

The mJ originally came with just the PC software. Then the Mac software was introduced. If you wanted to use it on a Mac, you had to run the Mac hybridizer, or what today is the Mac "upgrade" program. Once you do, your mJ can be plugged into either Windows or Mac, and will function just fine. I switch OSs all day long with mine and never give it a second thought.

Can you give me the steps you used to get the upgrade to work on the Mac? I have to erase the nj drive and then run the upgrade program each time I reboot.
mjfreak
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Must run on PC Reply with quote

All, from what I remember, the hybridizer only works on PC. So plug the jack into a PC, run the MAC upgrade and then use it on a MAC.
chadmd23
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Must run on PC Reply with quote

mjfreak wrote:
All, from what I remember, the hybridizer only works on PC. So plug the jack into a PC, run the MAC upgrade and then use it on a MAC.

The mac upgrade I have is a dmg file, so I have to run it on a mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: