Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mac Workaround For Hiding The Pop Up Dialpad software.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macman4hire
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Mac Workaround For Hiding The Pop Up Dialpad software.

I discovered a workaround for hiding the magicJack dialpad software. This workaround requires dual display outputs to work and second monitor to setup it up.

1.Install a second monitor to your computer.
2.Under System Preferences click the Displays icon.
3.Click the Arrangements tab.
4.Next make sure the Mirror Displays box is unchecked.
5.Next dragged the blue monitor box to a position that you do not use for the second monitor(Example if you prefer to access your second monitor by scrolling up then position the blue box to the bottom, left or right.) If you do not intend to use the second your can position it anywhere.
6.Next drag the magicJack software dialpad towards the position you choose for the blue monitor box up above. You should see the magicJack software dialpad displayed on the second monitor. Please make sure that the magicJack software is displayed in its entirety on the second monitor. Quit the magicJack applicaion.
7. Next go back to Displays Arrangements and move the blue box to your preferred position for accessing the second display by scrolling through. If you do not intend to use a second monitor do not worry because when disconnect the second display you will not be able scroll through any longer.
8.Close Systems Prefernces/Displays and you now have hidden the magicJack's software dialpad. Be advised incoming calls will show up in the caller id box and you can choose to accept or ignore the call. If you accept or ignore the call the the magic software will be selected in the Finder and all you need to do to resume your work is click the application window that you were previously working in. Note this workaround will only work for current user only. If you wish to apply this workaround to other users you will have configure it for each additional user.

I hope this helps any one working on Mac who was annoyed by the magicJack's software dialpad popping up. I found just having caller id box displayed to be less disruptive then having dialpad software displayed.
reyrios
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Without the second monitor option

What i do is to keep the window in the lower right corner, only showing the close and minimize button. I can then minimize, and when a call comes in, it will only show the 3 buttons only (the rest is off the monitor). I can always drag it out if I want to. I found this to be very efficient.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Using magicJack on a Mac All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: