Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magic jack and dish network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muskie6
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: magic jack and dish network

I have a dishnetwork DVR 522 receiver/recorder and according to Dish Network it must at all times be hooked up to a phoneline or I will be charged $5.99 per month. I have tried and failed to get magicjack to work with this unit to avoid those charges but when I test the DVRphone it says "connection failed no dial tone". I keep trying the line with a phone with a regular phone and the dial tone is there. I have no problems with my magicjack. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
muskie6
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject:

This is an update to my question and comes from Magic Jack.

Paolo: Hello, how may I help you?

: I have a dishnetwork DVR 522 receiver/recorder and according to Dish Network it must at all times be hooked up to a phoneline or I will be charged $5.99 per month. I have tried and failed to get magicjack to work with this unit to avoid those charges but when I test the DVR it says no dial tone. I keep trying the line with a phone and the dial tone is there. I have no problems with my magicjack. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Paolo: I am sorry to know that you are encountering problems using magicJack. Let me assist you with this.

Paolo: You did nothing wrong with it .

Paolo: We apologize for the inconvenience but recorder or a receiver is not compatible or supported with the magicjack device Dolores.

: Thank you. I am sure it works as I have read some forums where people have switched to MagicJack to satisfy Dish Network. On test my dvr is keeps say phone connection failed, no dial tone.

Paolo: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

: Please contact some other agents as this will work. I just need to know how. Too many other people have successfully done this.

Paolo: Would you want me to transfer you to our Senior Support they can best help you with your concern, and can provide you with more information with your issue, .

: Yes thank you.

Paolo: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.

Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Amy'

: Hello

Amy: , please allow me to review your chat.

: I power up my home when I hook the phone line from my magic jack to the house, same as I did with Vonage. Everything works fine except the DVR is not apparently recognizing the dial tome.

Amy: Thank you for holding.

Amy: , is this with regards to your Dish Network?

: The Dish Network DVR is not recognizing a dial tone is coming thru the line. Sometimes it does work but if I try it 10 times maybe 2 out of ten it works. It is not realizing it is hooked up to a phoneline.

: Dishnetwork is quick to say it does not work with Voip but for the past 3 years I have had it hooked up to Vonage and it worked fine. I am sure they just want a person to be able to get pay per view movies.

Amy: , this is because magiacJack will not work with DishNetwork.
muskie6
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Up date--- Magic Jack left their chat window up but would not anser any more of my questions re: this problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: