Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAGIC JACK APP WOULD NOT RING ON IPHONE 3GS NO NOTIFICATIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denzrey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: MAGIC JACK APP WOULD NOT RING ON IPHONE 3GS NO NOTIFICATIONS

My issue is very strange..
i got magicjack 3gs IOS 5.1 now...
i have done all the basic steps and advance step; ,uninstall reinstall, turn on notifications and even got DMZ..still to no avail..

anyway, the issue is that i can call out and people can call me, but i can't hear any ringing...nothing..so what happens is that the people calling me always gets to voice mail..and another thing, i dont get any updates on voice mail..

anyway, one time, while checking my voicemail, coicidentally my GF called me on MJ and I saw that someone is calling me..that is the only time i can see someone is calling me - when i check my voice mail for some reason..

please help..
I have already upgraded from IOS 4.1 to 5.1 and still no go..

HEEELP
udsting
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject:

were you using a Wifi connection? if so try using your 3G connection and see if it resolves the issue
denzrey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject:

udsting wrote:
were you using a Wifi connection? if so try using your 3G connection and see if it resolves the issue

I did that already, and still to no avail. My GF has a Magic Jack App - iphone 4s and it works seamlessly with our WiFi.

Now, what I do to get calls from time to time is just call my voice mail and try to go to the option where it says "record your busy message"..After that I minimize magic jack and have the voicemail somehow at the background still calling..that's the workaround for me to get calls, somehow it "Opens the Door"....
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject:

In order to receive calls, you must turn Notifications on for your magicJack APP.

On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, go to Settings, Notifications, and select magicJack APP
Make sure that Alert Style is set to Notifications and Sounds are turned on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
denzrey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject:

black_icon wrote:
In order to receive calls, you must turn Notifications on for your magicJack APP.

On your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, go to Settings, Notifications, and select magicJack APP
Make sure that Alert Style is set to Notifications and Sounds are turned on.

I have done that basic step already. I have been through deep troubleshooting; updating IOS, DMZing my phone(opening all ports) on router and backing up and restoring...
black_icon
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject:

@ denzrey,

Is your Mj app phone number 10-digit number or the one with asterisk (*)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
denzrey
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject:

black_icon wrote:
@ denzrey,

Is your Mj app phone number 10-digit number or the one with asterisk (*)?

App with phone number. I just upgraded it.
bompy
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: iPhone won't ring when using MJ App

I hope this helps some of you that are having the same problem I had with the iphone Majic Jack App not ringing my iPhone 4...

It vibrated but I could not get it to ring no matter what I did....

I resolved the problem by pure luck...

I was holding the phone when it started to vibrate indicating an incoming call....instead of answering right away I increased the volume as it was vibrating....As the volume bar went up so did the ringer volume....Now it rings without fail...

So.... try increasing the volume while it is vibrating with an incoming call and see if it solves ur ringer problem....good luck!!
dieanotherday
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Hi, has anyone figured out the problem?

I have the exact same problem as the OP on 2 iphone 3GS's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: