magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack as a service - a better way

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bendle
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

degarb wrote:
I am missing something.

yes
RDHeinz
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Gee whiz Bendle. Can you please skip all the wordiness and get to the point? Rolling Eyes
sipple31
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried searching, but maybe I missed it... i'm running MJ as a service successfully on Server 2008, however, the Caller-ID quit working. Any tips?

thank you kindly,
-Luke Very Happy
adnott
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Problem recieving calls in with MJ as service on WHS Reply with quote

I'm running MJ as a service on MSS EX485 per Semi's Way.

I can make calls out from MJ and the on screen touchpad but all calls in go to someone else's voice mail (number too?). I went through 3 tech chats and even changed my number once so now instead of getting a message about a user on google's grand central I just get Rob's answering machine.

The last tech chat wanted me to uninstall MJ since they said the problem was that it wasn't installed correctly.

Any run into this an/or have ideas?

Thanks
mmmelaney
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Please change confusing "All Users" location in in Reply with quote

Hi,

I hate to be a nit pick but can someone change ALL of the paths in the instructions to "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\mjusbsp"? (Instead of All Users.) It would make things less confusing for newbies and would make copying and pasting into regedit nice and simple.

Thanks a lot.
mmmelaney
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Annoying Clicker sound keeps getting triggered Reply with quote

I have WinXP 32 Sp2.

Now that I am running Magicjack as a service it keeps triggering "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oobe\images\clickerx.wav" every 5 minutes, and while starting up (when I start it from the services panel in Windows.)

Another sound file that it could be is "C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Menu Command.wav" They sound very similar.

I have no sounds enabled in Audio Properties.

The only thing that makes it go away is logging on as myself in the Service properties, instead of Local System account. But this doesn't allow magicjack to interact with the desktop. I need to be able to pull the interface up and look at my phone numbers.

It does not make any noise when I start it from the desktop shortcut as Magicjack.exe, but then I have to log into windows to start my phone.

Help?
jebise
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have had the magic jack for more then 10 months or so and it has been fine. But recently it been giving me allot of touble.

I have been using MJ as a service since day one using (http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-as-a-service-a-better-way-t1364.html).

It has not given me any trouble and worked just fine, i would wake up turn on the pc and after 5 minutes i was able to make call and sturf the web without the annoying MJ GUI.

But now whenever i turn on the computer for some reason it dose not detect the phone and defaults to my sound card and the only way to fix it is if i either stop the service and open the GUI and change the settings (more often the telephone option is greyed out) Or i can just unplug it from the PC and then back it. But thats just too annoying can anyone else that using this as a service tell me if you had this problem??
rdeanbell
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this working for months now. Thanks BTW.

But today I removed the dongle to load the app onto my laptop and when I plugged it back in my desktop USB it loaded the MJ software under my username. SO now on reboot I am back to square one with MJ loading under my account (as opposed to just the service) along with the annoying UI. How do I keep that from happening?
chapo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Disable Voice Mail when running MJ as a service Reply with quote

I've modified the steps that vdot provided to disable MJ voice Mail to work when MJ is runned as a service (see post on this topic). This works as long as I set my answering machine to pick up on 4 rings. For some reason, when I set to 6 rings, it does not pick up and the phone ... it just keeps rining. But at least, this works on 4 rings. Here is the steps I followed:

Stop THE MagicJack service

Run the Registry Editor (regedt32.exe), and Navigate to this hive entry:
My Computer\HKEY_USERS\Software\talk4free\USB Softphone\Options\Calling Options

Set CallForwardingEnabled = 6 (ie: 2 (Busy) + 4 (No Answer)) (OverRides CFUnconditional (ie: 1))
Set CFBusyTarget = MJ Phone #
Set CFNoAnswerTarget = MJ Phone #
Set CFNoAnswerTimeout = 15 (Every 5 [Seconds] = 1 Phone Ring; LEAVE IT at 15)

Make Sure:
AutoIgnoreCalls = 0 and/or AutoIgnoreTimeout (up to 16 only) > CFNoAnswerTimout

AutoIgnoreCalls = 0
AutoIgnoreTimeout = 0 (AutoIgnore is not compatible with this procedure)

Start MJ service again... and now , Voice Mail should be disabled!! If someone can calibrate these settings to pick up on 6 rings, then please post.
GlowingBlueMist
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Dialtone problems while running as a service after update Reply with quote

I have been running magicJack as a service for quite a few months with out any problems.

Now, suddenly I am no longer able to get the dial tone to drop until I dial a complete number. Then if the number is valid the call is completed normally.

Not completely trusting the magicJack company I suspect this is a bug inserted (intentionally) during a magicJack update. My magicJack.exe is presently dated 1/19/2010 at version 1:90:521.2.

I have found that if I go under Computer Management | Services | Properties | Log On and click on the box "Allow services to interact with desktop" for my magicJack service that this problem goes away, but then the magicJack screen shows up on the desktop as well, defeating the purpose of running the program as a service.

Am I the only one with this problem, as in my XP Pro (sp3) computer is busted? If not, is there a registry change or other fix for this problem?
T-Man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Disable Voice Mail when running MJ as a service Reply with quote

chapo wrote:
I've modified the steps that vdot provided to disable MJ voice Mail to work when MJ is runned as a service (see post on this topic). This works as long as I set my answering machine to pick up on 4 rings. For some reason, when I set to 6 rings, it does not pick up and the phone ... it just keeps rining. But at least, this works on 4 rings. Here is the steps I followed:

Stop THE MagicJack service

Run the Registry Editor (regedt32.exe), and Navigate to this hive entry:
My Computer\HKEY_USERS\Software\talk4free\USB Softphone\Options\Calling Options

Set CallForwardingEnabled = 6 (ie: 2 (Busy) + 4 (No Answer)) (OverRides CFUnconditional (ie: 1))
Set CFBusyTarget = MJ Phone #
Set CFNoAnswerTarget = MJ Phone #
Set CFNoAnswerTimeout = 15 (Every 5 [Seconds] = 1 Phone Ring; LEAVE IT at 15)

Make Sure:
AutoIgnoreCalls = 0 and/or AutoIgnoreTimeout (up to 16 only) > CFNoAnswerTimout

AutoIgnoreCalls = 0
AutoIgnoreTimeout = 0 (AutoIgnore is not compatible with this procedure)

Start MJ service again... and now , Voice Mail should be disabled!! If someone can calibrate these settings to pick up on 6 rings, then please post.

chapo, I tried the settings you used above, but my voicemail still picks up when running the MJ as a service. Is there anything else you might have changed?
etvaugha
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Disable Voice Mail when running MJ as a service Reply with quote

T-Man wrote:

chapo, I tried the settings you used above, but my voicemail still picks up when running the MJ as a service. Is there anything else you might have changed?

I have written a patch that should fix this. It should work on a system that has a manually configured service or one that had the service installed by a utility.

http://www.evanvaughan.com/files/msc_patch.zip
hlopez0
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patch didnt work for me. i ran it and it still picked up at the fourth ring. keep trying hopefully you can get it. Rolling Eyes
T-Man
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Disable Voice Mail when running MJ as a service Reply with quote

etvaugha wrote:

I have written a patch that should fix this. It should work on a system that has a manually configured service or one that had the service installed by a utility.

http://www.evanvaughan.com/files/msc_patch.zip

Didn't work for me either. Thanks for trying to figure this out. I appreciate all the time you have put into making the MJ better!

T-Man
Msradell
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried to install MagicJack as a service it could not detect the MagicJack hardware. I went and looked and I can see the E and F drives but they have no names in when I try to look at them they show they have 0 bytes used and 0 bytes available. How can I get MagicJack to install as a service with this problem or how can I correct the problem?

I'm running Windows 7x64.
mmenzie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Dialtone problems while running as a service after updat Reply with quote

GlowingBlueMist wrote:
I have been running magicJack as a service for quite a few months with out any problems.

Now, suddenly I am no longer able to get the dial tone to drop until I dial a complete number. Then if the number is valid the call is completed normally.

Not completely trusting the magicJack company I suspect this is a bug inserted (intentionally) during a magicJack update. My magicJack.exe is presently dated 1/19/2010 at version 1:90:521.2.

I have found that if I go under Computer Management | Services | Properties | Log On and click on the box "Allow services to interact with desktop" for my magicJack service that this problem goes away, but then the magicJack screen shows up on the desktop as well, defeating the purpose of running the program as a service.

Am I the only one with this problem, as in my XP Pro (sp3) computer is busted? If not, is there a registry change or other fix for this problem?

I am having the EXACT same problem!!! funny thing is... thanks to your post i did not know if i dialed the number complete it would dial out. i was getting so frustrated after dialing a few numbers and the dial tone not going away. ANYWAYS.... did you ever figure out a fix for this???? if so i could really use it now.
tpolimeni28
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Running MJ as Service Reply with quote

Hello all im new to this site and I am looking for some help on getting MJ to run as a service/background on a windows 7 machine. I tried to follow the step by step instruction for the XP but it appears some of the string/locations might be different. Any help or assistace with this would be great!! Thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thammond
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: How to restart MJ service? Reply with quote

I set up my MJ as a window service a while ago to prevent MJ from interupting full screen programs.

I set it up via a software program that I found out about on this forum (don't remember what it was called). Everything was working fine until just recently. My computer had froze up on me (don't know if it was related to MJ or not). I turned the computer off (while it was frozen) and restarted it. When it restarted, the checkdisk screen came up. I don't know what the results of the checkdisk were, because windows started up right after the checkdisk completed. After windows started I, there was a icon in the task pane that indicated it found new hardware. I think that was the MJ USB. I clicked ont the message (not the icon) and it disappeared. Now my MJ does not work.

I don't know much about windows services, but I do not see any thing labled magicjack in the processes list.

So I am not sure where to start to get MJ working again. Is there something simple easy that I can do to get it working again? Do I need to uninstall the service, reinstall MJ and reinstall the windows service?

Any help would be appreciated!
Lamron333
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work for Windows Vista 64 bit edition, Service Pack 2?
SKE_webmaster
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: MJ no longer works as a service Reply with quote

Xkahn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is set up using this tutorial I found helpful.

Later I also went to the other account and turn off the sound scheme.
SKE_webmaster
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: MJ no long works as service Reply with quote

Sorry, Im new to this forum and my message did no post.

MJ has revised the program to the point the the old methods of using it as a service no longer work.

I am a member of another forum at http://download.pcphonesoft.com

Go to Support tab, then MagicJackFeatures Plugin, and click the General or Technical Issue links to find the discussions.

Some of the people here also have the problem with using the new upgrade as a service.

You may want to keep an eye on this forum for updates as to the new work around when someone figures it out.

bitstopjoe is a member, you can varify with him if you are sceptical about the site.

Just remember read the tech and general issues if you decide to try any of there MJ plug in programs. They are having to revamp their programs as well due to MJ's suprise upgrade.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MJ no long works as service Reply with quote

SKE_webmaster wrote:
Sorry, Im new to this forum and my message did no post.

MJ has revised the program to the point the the old methods of using it as a service no longer work.

I am a member of another forum at http://download.pcphonesoft.com

Go to Support tab, then MagicJackFeatures Plugin, and click the General or Technical Issue links to find the discussions.

Some of the people here also have the problem with using the new upgrade as a service.

You may want to keep an eye on this forum for updates as to the new work around when someone figures it out.

bitstopjoe is a member, you can varify with him if you are sceptical about the site.

Just remember read the tech and general issues if you decide to try any of there MJ plug in programs. They are having to revamp their programs as well due to MJ's suprise upgrade.

Yep I agree, IF you have MagicFeatures not only should you read their forum here but for sure the pcphonesoft forum. I have made references to it in many of my posts here ( just today in fact). I read it and this fourm all the time and try to help at both places if and when I can.

Joe Sica

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xkahn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to have to disagree. I am still running it as a service. Here are the steps (XP) to do this;

1. Create a new account just for magic jack, mine is called Phone. This account requires a password even something simple will do.

2. Log in to the new account and setup magic jack as normal.

3. Using the Window RK tools (assuming you have downloaded them) at the command prompt;

Code:
cd C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

instlsrv.exe MagicJack C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe

4. Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services

5. Find MagicJack on the list RMB click -> properties -> Log on tab -> Radio button = This Account -> .\Phone

6. Enter the password twice and ok out.

7. [optional] Run -> msconfig -> startup tab -> disable CDLOADER2
Note: Since you won't be using this account this never runs anyway.

8. Run -> Regedit

Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MagicJack

Add new key Parameters inside that key add string "Application" with the data "C:\Documents and Settings\Phone\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJackLoader.exe"

or copy this to notepad with any needed changes and use merge.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MagicJack\Parameters]
"Application"="\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Phone\\Application Data\\mjusbsp\\magicJackLoader.exe\""

9. Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices -> Change the Sound Scheme -> select No Sound from the list. This step basically gets rid of the annoying clicks and other noises MJ makes. You will hear sound on your account.

10. Reboot and log in as yourself. If all went well the Task Manager will show 2 processes running as user Phone. Then if all is well I recommend you change Phone to a limited account. MJ gets to play in the land of make-believe.

These are the steps folks I take no blame. If you are running Vista or 7 then you will need to modify the procedure. Since this runs on my PC I took the added measure that on reboot Windows logs me in automatically. Since the user known as Phone is limited user and never online I can surf safe in the knowledge no prying eyes are watching me.
Walter_Smith
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the benefits of doing this besides privacy? I wasn't aware the magicjack contained spyware at all. But if it does maybe I should check into this setup.

EDIT:
I did this and I must say this works great for me.

So the benefit is not having the caller up on the screen BIG plus. No clicking sound. My phones still work. Thanks!
Xkahn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you, looks like you got it running.

Yes, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can't say that MJ carries spyware but it has been suggested by several people. It would be highly illegal to pull peoples private files off any PC no matter what TOS says. I imagine that it would be more likely for someone to use the MJ service to hack a system using it as an exploit.

So with that in mind, keeping MJ on an inactive limited user account keeps all other files and accounts safe. Also running it as a service keeps the other account from running other software twice over such virus scanners.

I am glad you are enjoying your new service.
nitemare
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please someone post a working procedure to run as service (or hide) using Windows 7 64 Bit. So far everything I tried does not work.
Xkahn
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitemare wrote:
Please someone post a working procedure to run as service (or hide) using Windows 7 64 Bit. So far everything I tried does not work.

Let's begin with, can you remove the software from your account and install MJ to a new user account? Once done and MJ is up and running don't logoff as the new user but instead switch users.

If you can get to this point MJ should stay working but hidden on the other account. Let us know how that works out.
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could try this
Code:
http://abc-deploy.com/Features.aspx

Quote:
Free Tool
ABC-SrvAny
Run any program as a Windows System Service.
ABC_SrvAny installs on both 32 and 64 bits Windows, and are able to start 32 bit as well as 64 bit applications as supported by the operating system
ABC_SrvAny is 100% free for both commercial and none commercial use.

or there is the already built in Windows version:
Quote:
Windows comes with the SC.exe tool which allows you to directly create and modify services.
Simply go to an elevated Command Prompt and type:
sc.exe create <Service Name> binPath= <Path> DisplayName= <name>
For example, to create a (useless) notepad service, you could use:
sc.exe create MyNotepadService binPath= "C:\windows\notepad.exe" DisplayName= "My notepad Service"
(Please note, spacing after the equals and before the value is important)
You can then start the service from the command prompt using SC start <Service Name> or through the services section of Computer Management.
linkaccounting
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Running magicjack as a service Reply with quote

Based on last update I can not run Magicjack as a service. It appears Magicjack ask now to log in. Is there a work around to run as a service
m4f1050
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed my MJ as service, it runs, it shows running but when I dial I get a dialtone after every key dialed. Is this the update they did? Any work around to this?

Thanks.
4plus3vette
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: I can't get the service to run... Reply with quote

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and went through the steps below. These are the original steps as posted by semicharm with the Vista/Windows7 mods as suggested by Gospelific.

Everything looks fine, and the service even says that it Started, but the phone line is dead.

If I go to the registry and copy and paste:

"C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "F:\magicJack"

into a CMD window, MagicJack starts up and I can make/receive phone calls.

Does anyone know why the service says that it is started, but nothing happens?

Another note, when the service is started, the magicJack.exe process does not show up in task manager, but when I run that same command from the CMD prompt, MajicJack starts up and the process shows up in task manager.

Please help,

Jim

STEPS I PERFORMED:

1) Install MJ as usual.

2) Once MJ is finally at the dialpad window and working properly, open Task Manager, click the Processes tab and end the MagicJack.exe process.

3) Run MSConfig, go to the Startup tab, uncheck cdloader2.exe, then click OK.

4) Open My Computer and go to
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming*
and move the mjusbsp folder to
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming*

While you're in My Computer, also note the letter for second drive assigned to the MJ box. If you right click the drive and choose Properties, the correct one will have the name PHONE.

5) You can get rktools.exe to install the Windows Resource Kit, but you only really need instsrv.exe and srvany.exe.

6) Using the default path where the resource kit is installed, run cmd and enter

"C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\instsrv.exe" "MagicJack" "C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"
(MODIFIED THIS FOR MY PATH)

If you have those two files somewhere else, just adjust the path accordingly. Make sure that there are no errors reported and close the window.

7) Run regedit and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Services\MagicJack
Right click the MagicJack key, choose New>Key, and name it Parameters.
Now in the Parameters key, right click, choose New>String Value, and name it Application.
Double click the Application value and set it to

"C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe" /scf _magicJackPersonalDataRoot "X:\magicJack"

where X is the second MagicJack drive letter you found earlier, then click OK.
arcadia2uk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSport1966 mentioned that you have to run magicjack.exe in compatibility mode for Vista.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/tool-to-make-magicjack-run-as-a-windows-service-t8112-180.html
4plus3vette
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you arcadia2uk.

I went to that link and tried what SuperSport1966 said without success.

After trying several other things, I bumped the User Account Control to "Never Notify" and it worked - that is, along with SuperSport1966's suggestion.

So, I will post my findings over there because that etvaugha guy has some sort of script for this and would probably like to know.

Thank you again for all of your help. It was what I finally needed to get me over the hump.

Jim
jeffnyc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to debug when running as a a service? i had it working but now i get a strange tone instead of a dial tone?
NationalOpinions
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: FireDaemon Reply with quote

sbb wrote:
Anyone heard of FireDaemon? It is a program that will run ANY exe as a service. Their original version was free and I have it and use it to run magicJack as a service. FAR EASIER than the above instructions. Download it HERE.

Only applications that are programmed to run as a service can run as a service. And that's just point one! FireDaemon is not free.
rah
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: you can run majicjack as a service Reply with quote

http://www.evanvaughan.com/magicjack.aspx
installed this yesterday. Works perfect.
eddo617
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a newb and this is gonna be a stupid question for you guys, but what does it mean when you say run MJ as a service and what benefits do you get?
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to seem to harsh but have you looked at the many posts in this thread? There's a wealth of into there but you have to dig a bit.

OTC
Michael Pavacik
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used it that way as a service but otherwise i used it and the phone service was satisfactory. Will use that version as well though. I hope it serves me the same way as the regular service does.
xr440dude
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Didn't do the trick... Reply with quote

I installed 1.8 today on Win 7/64. It does not start up on boot. I still have to login to receive calls. I don't see any discussion here regarding v1.8. Is anyone else having difficulty on Win 7/64?
phoneguy509
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Win7 64bit Reply with quote

I too am running into this error, It gets most annoying when I Remote Desktop to this machine then disconnect, it logs me out so then it is no longer running. Have to have my machine re-logged into locally to have it start again.
thesoulja
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: sorry for this cut in---- Reply with quote

I cannot get to my magic jack screen to get to the menu or settings and etc because another pop up starts in front of my mj window and it will not allow me to move it or when you hit the x it makes both windows dissapear???? please how do i get this problem resolved i am trying to figure out why i we can hear perfectly during a phone call but the other end only hears bits and pieces of our convo ie a couple of words then cut outs a couple of words then cut outs and on and on.... Please I am begging someone for some help and I am also not all that computer savvy either.... thank you so much Virgil
Madoushi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started going through the process, but my computer runs Vista and I on't have a C:\Documents and Settings

Also I am a moron and all the steps you have to go through an things you have to mess with seem really confusing.
D:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: