Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack blew up all my USB ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chenowth
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack blew up all my USB ports

I tried to install MJ today. I got an error message that said something to the effect of error installing new hardware and ALL of the USB ports on my computer will not function. Using Windows XP. Help me!!

Forgot to mention that it did not ever load the install screen.
conniemadagain
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack blew up all my USB ports

Chenowth wrote:
I tried to install MJ today. I got an error message that said something to the effect of error installing new hardware and ALL of the USB ports on my computer will not function. Using Windows XP. Help me!!

Forgot to mention that it did not ever load the install screen.

Contact one of the top 10% CS Reps for MJ !

They are the cats meow!

Laughing
dogcacher
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack blew up all my USB ports

Chenowth wrote:

In case you haven't found it out yet, a cold start should get your usb ports functioning. It's rare but it may take more than one restart and you will get them back.

Try your magicjack again after everything else is back to normal.
Chenowth
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject:

I did try a cold start...but no luck! I will try it a couple more times.
Thanks!
dogcacher
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject:

Chenowth wrote:
I did try a cold start...but no luck! I will try it a couple more times.

It may be necessary to remove some devices to get the ports initialized. Keyboard and mouse (and everything else, like printer, etc) can be reattached after the boot process is finished.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject:

Device manager, hardware, USB section, remove everything in that section ( if you use a USB mouse, do that last). Don't let it reboot until you remove as much as you can from that section. After you reboot XP will re-install all USB drivers.
If that doesnt work it is POSSIBLE the built in USB controller on your MotherBoard went bad..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chenowth
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject:

No luck after trying it quite a few times. Looks like a new UBS board is in my future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: