magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack Caller ID only displaying phone number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telavir
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Caller ID only displaying phone number. Reply with quote

I've had Caller ID for over a decade now and it always displayed the ID of the person calling. Magic Jack is only displaying the phone number. That does not tell me the IDentity of the person calling. Is there a fix for this?

If not, I suggest Magic Jack remove the claim that they offer Caller ID to avoid false advertising. Phone number ID would be more accurate.

Someone offered a fix where I enter the person's name in my contact list. I do not need to know the ID of people I already know. I need the information on other people/companies that might call.

I love Magic Jack and this is the only thing I do not like about it.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack Caller ID only displaying phone number. Reply with quote

telavir wrote:
I've had Caller ID for over a decade now and it always displayed the ID of the person calling. Magic Jack is only displaying the phone number. That does not tell me the IDentity of the person calling. Is there a fix for this?

If not, I suggest Magic Jack remove the claim that they offer Caller ID to avoid false advertising. Phone number ID would be more accurate.

Someone offered a fix where I enter the person's name in my contact list. I do not need to know the ID of people I already know. I need the information on other people/companies that might call.

I love Magic Jack and this is the only thing I do not like about it.

It is working as designed. Caller ID is just that, the phone number. Called ID with name is different. MOST telco's offer that, some actually charge extra for displaying the name.
If you plug your MJ into the USB port of your PC look here http://www.pcphonesoft.com/ as there is an add-on called MagicFeatures used by MANY people here. It will give you what you are looking for plus a whole lot more. They even offer a free trial.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: