Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magic jack cannot connect to the internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santorini
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: magic jack cannot connect to the internet

I had MJ for 2 years. It work great untill 2 days ago. I had to format my laptop, for viruses reason, after that the MJ won't work. I'm running windows 7.
I'm getting a wierd message "magicjack cannot connect to the internet, please click here to try magicfix". The official website it is down. So, what do I do?
I appreciate any ideea that can help me. Thank you.
german-ukr
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Same problem... Service stopped?
likemjp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Same Problem....

Hi, I'm new to this forum but not new to Magic Jack. I had regular MJ for a year and a half, now I have MJ+. I like that now I can use the phone 24/7 and not have to leave my pc on all the time.
Anyhow, I had the same problem after registering the new MJ+.
I think this issue is with the software.
If you have the regular magicjack, try unplugging it from your pc/laptop, then uninstalling the software. Reconnect the magicjack, it should automatically install a fresh version of the software on your pc/laptop. If you want, you could go to my magicjack, in the soft phone's menu button, check for an update (upgrade, etc..) hope this helps.
In order for my new MJ+ to work (using the router), I had to uninstall the magicjack software completely. They don't tell you this at all. After removing the regular MJ, and registering and hooking up the MJ+, I had the same issue. It said, "you are not connected to the internet", but I was. I tried everything, restarting the router/modem/pc... it just wouldn't work. Then I removed the mj software, and bam! I have a standalone working MJ+ Very Happy
gpj555
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject:

I have had MJ since AUG 2009 with no trouble. But on Nov. 27, 2011. All I get is (Invalid serial number Oracle ) The dial pad says connect to the internet and double click here. On menu it says unregistered at the bottom.

I a have made two long useless chat session with MJ Chat. Can anyone help me?
joshtate2001
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Plus - "Invlaid Serial Number"

I bought a Magic Jack Plus and set it up to run without being attached to the computer. Ran great for a month and now getting a Oracle message stating, "Invalid Serial Number".Had a pretty useless chat with MJ. Man I know why it is cheap,get whatyou pay for I reckon.

There was another user who had the same post, but he never recieved an answer.
AbsolutePhoenix
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject:

I guess I have an issue with the MJ+ as well. I just got it for my mother about 4 days ago and it worked fine when I first put it all together (I'm using it stand-alone right now), but now it simply says "Error 1" or "Error 3002" and saying "Check your internet connection..." The support tech says this is due to either a lack of internet connection or that the cable modem possibly doesn't support multiple device connections. However, there's a router connected to the modem and the connection works for everything else...what would cause this issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: