Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack Changing Number or Re-Registering Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baramooda
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Changing Number or Re-Registering Device

Hello fellow MJ users,

I just had the most terrible experience with my MJ, I live in a rural area in Canada so I found a store that sells MJ about 2 hours away from me. I bought it and installed it, I tried to register a number for my city but the list was blank, so I chose a number close by. All worked fine, paid the $10 fee to register the Canadian number and I tried calling it but it seems to be saying it will cost long distance charges, this is a 905 number and 905 numbers do not cost us $ to call at all, I figured out it's another city's 905 number that is close but still long distance.

So I tried contacting MJ to have the CAD number changed, and they said there is NO way to do so (after 1 hour of live support). They said I must return my device, I called my store and the store said no returns/exchange, all sales are final. So I told MJ that and asked for reimbursement and they said they cannot do that either. I asked if the city I live in have any numbers available, and the rep said yes and I said that when I checked the list was blank. The rep says they're available now so...

So I am wondering if there's any way to edit my MJ device so I can re-register a new account and re-select a new number in my city.
Baramooda
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: help

Any help would be appreciated guys I am stuck here, I do not want to end up wasting the $45.95 (with taxes) I spent on this device for nothing.
murphy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: help

Baramooda wrote:
Any help would be appreciated guys I am stuck here, I do not want to end up wasting the $45.95 (with taxes) I spent on this device for nothing.

You can change the number anytime that you want for a fee.
Baramooda
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: .

Canadian numbers cannot be changed, that's only for USA numbers. I tried, and asked them too.

If there's any way I can some how edit the device to make it think that it's new so it brings up the registration process again this would work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: