Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack Confliction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GripDis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack Confliction

I am having a confliction between the magic jack program and Roxio Creator 2009 I have been trying to fix the issue and I can no figure it out what happens is roxio times out!

P.S. I am also using MagicBlock

Thanks
Grip

I found this
http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=42012
not much of help though Sad
mphixson
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject:

It's a problem with any USB device that makes a fake cd-rom to autostart. if you plug in a sandisk U3 device you will have the same issue. It is because roxio tries to access the fake cd-rom.

I have the same problem with nero. I just shutdown nero when i am using magicjack, and shutdown magicjack when i want to use nero.
in my case, i shutdown nero and nero's smart start in the system tray. Then when i want to burn something , i shutdown magicjack.
GripDis
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

My fix is to go to the drive that magic jack makes and eject it roxio works and so does the phone so score Razz
eq2675
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject:

GripDis wrote:
My fix is to go to the drive that magic jack makes and eject it roxio works and so does the phone so score Razz

This thread saved the day. Thanks for posting your findings.
Gary B
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Roxio and MJ working together

GripDis wrote:

Thanks for sharing this easy fix. I've been disconnecting MJ before starting Roxio and this solution is much better. Both work together simultainiously.

Thanks
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Tip!
Normally the one you want to eject will be the first of the two drives shown in my computer which MJ creates. If you eject the second one then magicjack will quit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: