Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magic jack cutting off internet connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babysista5
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: magic jack cutting off internet connection

whenever im on magicjack, talking on the phone, it always shuts off my wireless internet connection and sometimes it shuts off the whole internet connection. any thoughts on why this is? it's very annoying
laserjobs
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject:

2.4ghz wireless phone? Change the channel on your router
root
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:

You may want to add in Windows network stack the ability to use QOS. I can't tell you how but perhaps someone else can, I am not keenly familiar with Microsoft OS. Additionally if your router supports any form of QOS then it should be enabled appropriately.

One other suggestion I could advise is to use a triggering rule in your routers config, that allows the range of udp ports assigned as per MagicJack spec to allow an incoming udp socket to that IP which substantiates the SIP socket to the MagicJacks proxy.

So that would be that an outbound port destination 5070/udp socket connection to magicJacks proxy would trigger an inbound opening of ports 49152/udp thru 65535/udp to the respective behind NAT IP address,

I am not completely certain of the sockets MagicJack uses, so others are invited to clarify with more specific information. I hope this at least points you in the right direction.
Babysista5
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject:

root wrote:
You may want to add in Windows network stack the ability to use QOS. I can't tell you how but perhaps someone else can, I am not keenly familiar with Microsoft OS. Additionally if your router supports any form of QOS then it should be enabled appropriately.

One other suggestion I could advise is to use a triggering rule in your routers config, that allows the range of udp ports assigned as per MagicJack spec to allow an incoming udp socket to that IP which substantiates the SIP socket to the MagicJacks proxy.

So that would be that an outbound port destination 5070/udp socket connection to magicJacks proxy would trigger an inbound opening of ports 49152/udp thru 65535/udp to the respective behind NAT IP address,

I am not completely certain of the sockets MagicJack uses, so others are invited to clarify with more specific information. I hope this at least points you in the right direction.

my router channel has been on auto, and my qos has been enabled. the magicjack i had before this didn't screw anything up. but i had to replace it because it broke and ever since this new one, it does this mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: