Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magic jack does not work with comcast cable modem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayub.hp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: magic jack does not work with comcast cable modem

Magic Jack works fine with wireless internet. However I cannot make calls using comcast dcm425 modem. I can receive calls when connected to comcast modem.

The setup of the modem is: The coaxial cable from wall outlet is connected to the modem, the cat 5 cable from the modem connects to my laptop.

I spent 3 hours wihth magic jack trying to solve this issue. installed all the updates. Still issue persists.

http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglish/Deliver/Cable/cable-modems-routers-gateways/us/dcm425/Pages/default.aspx

Above link shows the modem I am using.

Could any one help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks
Ayub
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: magic jack does not work with comcast cable modem

ayub.hp wrote:
Magic Jack works fine with wireless internet. However I cannot make calls using comcast dcm425 modem. I can receive calls when connected to comcast modem.

The setup of the modem is: The coaxial cable from wall outlet is connected to the modem, the cat 5 cable from the modem connects to my laptop.

I spent 3 hours wihth magic jack trying to solve this issue. installed all the updates. Still issue persists.

http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglish/Deliver/Cable/cable-modems-routers-gateways/us/dcm425/Pages/default.aspx

Above link shows the modem I am using.

Could any one help me resolve this issue ?

Thanks
Ayub

Port forwarding?
disable PC firewall?
Get a router?
disengage spi on cable modem?
pull out your hair?
ayub.hp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I dont have router, no port forwarding is needed. Firewall is not present.

I have already started pulling my hair Smile

Any other clues please ?

Thanks
Ayub
murphy
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Disable wireless on the laptop.
Power cycle the cable modem.
ayub.hp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject:

power cycle seems to have resolved the issue.

I unplugged and plugged the cable modem before to a different power outlet..but that did not help earliear..today itseemed to have worked. Thanx a lot !!!

I have been struggling for a long time....but that did not help. Some how I tried lot of combinations atlast it worked.

Thank you all you ROCK !!!

Ayub
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: