magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Jack.exe application error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working here so far ... before resetting the date the MJ would stay up for a couple of minutes then crash -- fuller description is at:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post51759.html#51759

Didn't know when in 2008 to set the date, so I shot for the midpoint and set it to July 1 '08, then plugged in the MagicJack. As of now, the MJ has been up and solid for about 1-1/2 hours, which is about an hour and 29 minutes longer than it had been doing before the fix. I've tried calling in; calling out; calling in while MJ is already occupied with another call; and 3-way calling. Everything seems to work. It didn't download my contacts list, but there was nothing important there.

The MJ is not on a thin client, but a PC running XP+SP2, AMD dual-core processor (5800+). I'll give more detailed specs if needed.

BADBOY, if I was anywhere near you, I'd buy you a beer. As a matter of fact, if you'll PM me the name and phone number of your favorite pub, I'll see if I can figure out some way to buy you one remotely. Wink

Phil

EDIT -- 21 Jan 2010 0600 UTC -- MJ working normally with correct 2010 date on "new" (off lease with fresh OS install) laptop with XP+SP3, so like some others on here with this problem, this seems to be an SP2 vs SP3 issue. Laptop is IBM Think Pad T43, Pentium M 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, will supply other specs if needed.

Last edited by Phil on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
BADBOY
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BADBOY, if I was anywhere near you, I'd buy you a beer. As a matter of fact, if you'll PM me the name and phone number of your favorite pub, I'll see if I can figure out some way to buy you one remotely

LOL Naw borther that is what we are all here for..

God Bless
evilzim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any date which is not 2010 should work fine. I tried 2006-2009, 2011 and no crash out after calls; however it causes the program to be unable to upload and download your contacts or call log.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started getting the application error on shut down only (win xp pro sp3) ... I have had mj for about 8 or 9 months now without issues, so I can't see how the date thing makes any difference!

Must be something to do with either other installed programs or maybe registry issue!

Anybody got any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: