Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack.exe application error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shumiron
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Magic Jack.exe application error

I have a new MJ running on a thin client. Recently I have been experiencing audio breaking up after about 5 to 10 minutes on a long call; then today the MJ has started to stop working. A Windows error message appears stating that an instruction at 0x00002f56 could not be read and MJ will be shut down. I tried restarting the Thin Client computer and MJ seemed to work for a while then error message came up again. I ejected the MJ and removed from TC for about 20 seconds then plugged back in and MJ started up OK, I tested by calling MJ from my cell phone and call was OK. After I disconnected, the error message came up in a few minutes. It seems like MJ runs OK until a call comes thru because when there is no activity on MJ the error doesn't appear.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?
evilzim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Mine is not running on a thin client, but on a dedicated computer with no mouse/keyboard/monitor. I also have this problem. My magicJack.exe will crash soon after ending a call (regardless of who initiated or terminated the call). This happens after essentially every call and just started happening around the first of the year. Have tried: restarting/unplugging MJ, restarting computer, running update/magicfix to no avail. Have had no problems up until now.

Anyone else have this happen to them or are we alone in our woes?
TransferCutter
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Mine shuts down even when not used. Just started doing this at the beginning of the year too. Everytime I go to use the phone, I have to double click the icon on the desktop to start up MJ. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to un plug MJ and plug it back in.
shumiron
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack.exe application error

I have seen some other threads indicating the problem may be due to a MJ upgrade they downloaded on Jan 3. Let me know if you have received any other info on curing the problem.

I chatted with MJ tech service a few days ago and they had me change the DNS server address in the network connection properties. This change failed to help.
evilzim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:

For the time being, I just wrote up a quick AutoIt script to check if MJ crashed; and if so it shuts down and restarts MJ and logs the time.

My MJ having this problem is version: 1.90.521.2
vern
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I have the same problem for a few days. Tried different PCs - no luck. Could you upload the script to rapidshare or something?
shumiron
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Audio fading out, too!

I would like to see the script too.

I also have another issue that seemed to start at the same time as the .exe error - the audio from the MJ fades away after about five minutes on a call. In other words, the person on the other end of the call (whether they called us or we called them) cannot hear our end of the conversation after about five minutes. Have any of you experienced that problem?
evilzim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject:

Script I made: http://www.filefront.com/15339693/MJrestart.au3

Written in AutoIt and works for what I need it to do, at least until a real fix is found out. Compiled it into an exe file and threw that in the startup folder so it starts with Windows. Line 14 is the time to wait (ms) between checking for a crash. Lines 15 and 16 would need changed, they are the paths for MJ and the log file respectively. The pause/break key kills the script (can be changed in line 17).
vern
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject:

Wow, Bravo. Works perfect. I wish my magicgack would work like that.
thekat09
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject:

The MJ had been running on a 400Mhz TC for months.. - no issues.. so I thought
it may have been something with the TC...
I put the MJ back in the Original 400Mhz box and it had the same error..

I spent 2 hours online with Tech support.. they are sending me a new unit..
for like 9.95..

When I got home, I put it in my Windows 7 box.. and no issues..
Loaded up another 1.5GHz box with Win7 and it works with out any problems..

Does anyone know what "features" were done with this upgrade ???

tk
BADBOY
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Magic Jack.exe application error

shumiron wrote:
I have a new MJ running on a thin client. Recently I have been experiencing audio breaking up after about 5 to 10 minutes on a long call; then today the MJ has started to stop working. A Windows error message appears stating that an instruction at 0x00002f56 could not be read and MJ will be shut down. I tried restarting the Thin Client computer and MJ seemed to work for a while then error message came up again. I ejected the MJ and removed from TC for about 20 seconds then plugged back in and MJ started up OK, I tested by calling MJ from my cell phone and call was OK. After I disconnected, the error message came up in a few minutes. It seems like MJ runs OK until a call comes thru because when there is no activity on MJ the error doesn't appear.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Someone please answer this question.
I have the same problem.
MJNewUser
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Hello,
I am running into the same issue but yet mine is a HP T5520 VIA 800Mhz CPU, XPe SP2 on a 6GB MicroDrive and 128MB RAM with Pagefile enabled and EWF disabled.

1. 0X00028E0 referenced memory at 0X00028E0 could not be ready.
2. 0X0000295b referenced memory at 0X0000295b could not be ready. " the memory could not be read".

I try on my house pc/work pc and even laptop with no issue.

Has anyone or is anyone else running into this type of issue and found a fix but being shy to post it?

Many thanks
BADBOY
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

I think I may have stumble on a fix.

I changed the date on my TC to 2008 and rebooted and no more error since yesyerday.
Humm!
thekat09
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject:

BADBOY wrote:

I changed the date on my TC to 2008 and rebooted and no more error since yesyerday.
Humm!

I will also try that.. and post back...

tk
Fire_Witch
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject:

BADBOY wrote:

Humm!

Smart Idea! cant wait to see if this works for others. Very Happy
Phil
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Working here so far ... before resetting the date the MJ would stay up for a couple of minutes then crash -- fuller description is at:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/post51759.html#51759

Didn't know when in 2008 to set the date, so I shot for the midpoint and set it to July 1 '08, then plugged in the MagicJack. As of now, the MJ has been up and solid for about 1-1/2 hours, which is about an hour and 29 minutes longer than it had been doing before the fix. I've tried calling in; calling out; calling in while MJ is already occupied with another call; and 3-way calling. Everything seems to work. It didn't download my contacts list, but there was nothing important there.

The MJ is not on a thin client, but a PC running XP+SP2, AMD dual-core processor (5800+). I'll give more detailed specs if needed.

BADBOY, if I was anywhere near you, I'd buy you a beer. As a matter of fact, if you'll PM me the name and phone number of your favorite pub, I'll see if I can figure out some way to buy you one remotely. Wink

Phil

EDIT -- 21 Jan 2010 0600 UTC -- MJ working normally with correct 2010 date on "new" (off lease with fresh OS install) laptop with XP+SP3, so like some others on here with this problem, this seems to be an SP2 vs SP3 issue. Laptop is IBM Think Pad T43, Pentium M 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, will supply other specs if needed.

Last edited by Phil on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
BADBOY
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BADBOY, if I was anywhere near you, I'd buy you a beer. As a matter of fact, if you'll PM me the name and phone number of your favorite pub, I'll see if I can figure out some way to buy you one remotely

LOL Naw borther that is what we are all here for..

God Bless
evilzim
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Any date which is not 2010 should work fine. I tried 2006-2009, 2011 and no crash out after calls; however it causes the program to be unable to upload and download your contacts or call log.
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I just started getting the application error on shut down only (win xp pro sp3) ... I have had mj for about 8 or 9 months now without issues, so I can't see how the date thing makes any difference!

Must be something to do with either other installed programs or maybe registry issue!

Anybody got any other thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: