Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAGIC JACK HAS DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES- A TOTAL RIPOFF!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
music_lover1966
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: MAGIC JACK HAS DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES- A TOTAL RIPOFF!

MAGIC JACK HAS AN "F" RATING WITH THE BBB WITH 359 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM IN 36 MONTHS!
SEE THE BBB NATIONAL WEBSITE FOR MAGIC JACK, LP FOR RATING:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=92003333

I HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY UNABLE TO GET MJ TO WORK AND NOW IT WILL NOT BOOT AT ALL.

MAGIC JACK WON'T REFUND MY $$$ OR SEND ME A REPLACEMENT WITHOUT ME GIVING THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO AGAIN! I HAVE BEEN ON WITH TECH SUPPORT FOR OVER 30 HOURS AND COUNTLESS TIMES REQUESTING A REPLACEMENT SINCE DAY 3, AND THEY WOULD NOT SEND ME A REPLACEMENT UNTIL AFTER MY 30 DAYS WAS UP THUS RENDERING MY REFUND INELIGIBLE!

I OFFERED TO RETURN THE DEFECTIVE UNIT PRIOR TO THEM SENDING ME MY REPLACEMENT, YET THEY WOULD NOT ISSUE A RETURN MERCH. AUTHORIZATION/RMA# WITHOUT ME GIVING THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO, NOR WILL THEY SEND ME A REPLACEMENT. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN 42 YEARS! Sad I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.
wrenchead3
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject:

That's 359 for the refund part alone, the complaint amount is 650. I believe it too. One of the best scams in history.
HendersonMike
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject:

it's just that the original poster can't even figure out the proper forum to put their little "Rant & Rave" at, makes me wonder what else that can't figure out.. Oh yeah, perhaps how to maintain a good computer so that installations install as they were meant to.
music_lover1966
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: I'll post this message in every category and on every forum

I did no such thing. AND, I will post in and and EVERY category just to get the word out on this scam. I did an update daily to MJ. I tried it on 3 separate computers...2 of which were new. I was on with tech support daily and they could not get it to work. It never worked properly. Thanks for the sarcasm , Mike though. You must not have many friends.
az2008
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Followups have been occurring in the Rants/Raves section:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/magic-jack-has-deceptive-business-practices-f-ra-t3140.html#22409

As more details come to light, it appears the user didn't request a refund until *after* the 30-day trial. He blames MJ for stringing him along for 30 days. He asked for a replacement from day-3 and was denied. Followed MJ's support recommendations for 27 days (at least), and then expected a refund some number of days after 30 days elapsed (which isn't what he contracted to at the time of purchase).

He also, apparently didn't read the disclosures when purchasing an extra 4 years that it would be billed immediately.

Mark
paulc21269
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: MAGIC JACK HAS DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICES- A TOTAL RIP

music_lover1966 wrote:
MAGIC JACK HAS AN "F" RATING WITH THE BBB WITH 359 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM IN 36 MONTHS!
SEE THE BBB NATIONAL WEBSITE FOR MAGIC JACK, LP FOR RATING:

http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=92003333

I HAVE BEEN CONTINUALLY UNABLE TO GET MJ TO WORK AND NOW IT WILL NOT BOOT AT ALL.

MAGIC JACK WON'T REFUND MY $$$ OR SEND ME A REPLACEMENT WITHOUT ME GIVING THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO AGAIN! I HAVE BEEN ON WITH TECH SUPPORT FOR OVER 30 HOURS AND COUNTLESS TIMES REQUESTING A REPLACEMENT SINCE DAY 3, AND THEY WOULD NOT SEND ME A REPLACEMENT UNTIL AFTER MY 30 DAYS WAS UP THUS RENDERING MY REFUND INELIGIBLE!

I OFFERED TO RETURN THE DEFECTIVE UNIT PRIOR TO THEM SENDING ME MY REPLACEMENT, YET THEY WOULD NOT ISSUE A RETURN MERCH. AUTHORIZATION/RMA# WITHOUT ME GIVING THEM MY CREDIT CARD INFO, NOR WILL THEY SEND ME A REPLACEMENT. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN 42 YEARS! Sad I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

When you get your money back from mj invest all your money in fanny mae stock. If you cant get mj to work in your computer you are a not too smart b. your computer is a 386 running win 98 or c get a life it cost like $ 40

Paul c
VaHam
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject:

How did he expect them to charge back his refund without giving MJ his CC info again? Hopefully they don't keep it on file so it might be hacked.
Wyrdmage
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject:

I really do hate some people. This one, though, just makes me want to cry. I can't even DESCRIBE the idiocy he is spewing. *sigh
devinmccloud
MagicJack Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject:

It's funny, cause when trying to make my decision whether to buy the majicjack and get rid of Verizon, I searched youtube and found 100's of morons like this claiming magicjack was a fraud. I was skeptical about buying but caved at the 50-60 Verizon bill I was paying. After they fixed my incoming calls from friends on Verizon, I have never been so happy. This phone works great for me all the time. Knock on wood! The thing that bothered me was that those jerks on youtube had no explanation why it didn't work or what their tiny brains tried to do to troubleshoot the problem, just plain old "fraud". I started to wonder if Verizon, At&t and Quest were getting so scared that they were paying people to post lies to counter the popularity of the magicjack. Whether this is true or not it is surprising how some will put more effort into posting negative rants about how it doesn't work, then they will into trying to figure out why it doesn't work. I will say it is fair that the support is below par. But considering this phone is 40/20 a year what do people expect. I feel for the people that do tech support for MagicJack. They must have the worst days dealing with these incompetent individuals!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: