magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magic Jack in Linux Mint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandinhess
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack in Linux Mint Reply with quote

Might I present this suggestion to you pertaining to the use of Magic Jack in Linux Mint...please click on the link below to view my pdf tutorial on using your Magic Jack in Linux Mint. Hope this helps!

[url]http://brandinscotthess.tripod.com/mjtutorial_linux.pdf[/url]
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you read at the top of the form page this is the UNOFFICAL MJ forum right?? So who is the YOU you are refering too?? LOTS of "you's" here and a few Hey You too Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brandinhess
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, the "you" is referring to the general linux user that can't seem to get their Magic Jack device to work on their computer.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got "you" ha....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brandinhess
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad I was able to clarify that. Wink
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be surprised how many posts here use "YOU" thinking we are MJ and then they bitch and moan thinking we can do anything other than offer our advice.
brandinhess
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would offer those individuals who want to complain a hug, but even that may not be enough to soothe their whining. I can also refer them to a box of kleenex as well. I do hope that my pdf tutorial helps someone other than myself, but I think only time will tell. Thanks for your support, though, as it is greatly appreciated.
bobc4012
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: I knew he was referring to Linux Mint users. Reply with quote

I knew he was referring to Linux Mint users. I will give it a try myself. I just stumbled across this post. I have tried to install with WINE, but it bombs just before completion. After 3 years of frustration using it with XP, I canceled. Actually, I thought it would get canceled automatically, until I found out they changed the rules to an opt-out (I had to renew explicitly the second year). I decided to go with the third year because my mother was still alive and we could talk for two hours (voice choppiness and all) until MJ dropped the connection. Every time I hit the 2 hr. mark, I would get disconnected. BTW, this was late at night (typically after 11PM, when Internet usage dropped and my broadband connection ran at 6Mbs).

I wish to thank brandinhess for the post and PDF file.

Q for bitstopjoe - it says your location is North East, PA. Does that mean the NE quadrant - e.g., Scranton, Poconos or are you a "grapepicker"?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a tad south of East Stroudsburg, in the Pen Argyl area of PA.
No "grapepicking" but I am surounded by fields of corn, wheat and soy. At times it feels like "Children of the Corn" here Smile
bobc4012
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

Hey Joe,. thanks for the response. If you not aware, there is a town called North East, PA. It is in the northwestern part of the state (butted up against Lake Erie and Western NY State). It is grape vine area (and cherries and other assorted fruit plus some corn too). BTW, try some of the wine that comes out of that area - some of the grape farmers are now in the winery business rather than selling grapes to Welches (for grape juice). Some of the wines are quite good and, well, others taste like Welches grape juice.

Its been a few years since I was in your neck of the woods. I lived near Binghamton (NY) for a number of years before moving to North Carolina. We still go up to PA at least once a year.

My apologies to all for straying off topic.

Bobb C. 'Cool'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and MagicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks -> Using magicJack on Linux All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: