magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MAGIC JACK TO BRIDGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: MAGIC JACK TO BRIDGE Reply with quote

I would like to know if anyone has hooked the MAGIC JACK to the OBI 110.

I am using the mj overseas and working very nice, but the only problem is that i have to be next to my computer. Now I would like to bridge it to my local land line, so I when am out of the house I may call this special land line number and this device (OBI 110) will bridge my my land line to my MJ.

Then I'lll be able to call any number in the USA for a low rate.

I want to keep my MJ, just need this device the only bridge me to my mj!

PLEASE HELP ME.

Eddie
Kif Kroker
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my mJ currently hooked up to the line port of my OBi110. The problem I see for you is that, for what you want to do, the OBi110 would need 2 LINE (FXO) ports. One for the mJ and one for the local land line. I believe you could achieve your goal with 2 OBi110s linked together in the COT (Circle of Trust), but not with just 1 of them. The OBiTalk forum might be a better place to get a more detailed answer to your question.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/

Dave
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kif Kroker wrote:
I have my mJ currently hooked up to the line port of my OBi110.

If you have both GV and MV, I think I understand that either will ring on the phone/phones connected to the Obi. But does that take the MJ soft-phone out of play?
Kif Kroker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nailgunner wrote:
Kif Kroker wrote:
I have my mJ currently hooked up to the line port of my OBi110.

If you have both GV and MV, I think I understand that either will ring on the phone/phones connected to the Obi. But does that take the MJ soft-phone out of play?

I have my mJ running on an old Pentium III laptop. I plug the mJ into the LINE port on my OBi110. A call that comes on my GV or mJ ring the same phone plugged into the PHONE port of my OBi110. The softphone is still running and can be utilized on the laptop.

The OP, I think, was asking to have the ability to call his local land line at his overseas residence and then have the OBi110 dial out to a US # using his mJ. That would require 2 FXO ports, 1 for the local land line he has overseas, and 1 for the mJ. This should be possible to do with 2 OBi110s but I doubt there is an easy way with only 1 OBi110.

Dave
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kif Kroker wrote:
I have my mJ running on an old Pentium III laptop. I plug the mJ into the LINE port on my OBi110. A call that comes on my GV or mJ ring the same phone plugged into the PHONE port of my OBi110. The softphone is still running and can be utilized on the laptop.

The OP, I think, was asking to have the ability to call his local land line at his overseas residence and then have the OBi110 dial out to a US # using his mJ. That would require 2 FXO ports, 1 for the local land line he has overseas, and 1 for the mJ. This should be possible to do with 2 OBi110s but I doubt there is an easy way with only 1 OBi110.

Yea, I took it a bit off-topic, my bad. Was trying to visualize how you have it set up (assumed also with GV) and which cord was going where.

Makes no sense, but I had it in my head that the softphone would work on outgoing but not incoming calls. Rolling Eyes
Kif Kroker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possible option to achieve what you want would be if you have an iPhone or Android phone. OBihai provides the OBiON app for both platforms and with it you can use your smartphone to make a data connection to your OBi110 and make calls through any of the services you have configured. I have used the OBiON app from my Android phone to make calls with my mJ that is connected to my OBi110 at home. This would not use your local land line at your overseas residence and thus would not require having 2 OBi110s.

Dave
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dave's suggestion to go here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/ was right on the money. Ron R has come up with some really magical dialing plans + and may be able to do the same for you if he hasn't already.

OTC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Alternatives to magicJack All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: