Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicBeans is a ripoff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisGruntled9
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: MagicBeans is a ripoff!

It's sad that MagicJack cannot, (or does not want to), provide their supporters with the features such that MagicBeans, et al, used to provide. While MagicJack's service is nominal, (you get what you pay for), I am severly disappointed that MagicJack is trying to lock down service to what appears to be to prevent third party offerings of services that MagicJack could already be supplying. Near as I can tell, MagicJack's latest update has not provided any new functionality, at least in my favor. Now, throw on top, MagicBeans who did have a very functional add-on, (until MagicJack's lateast update), has gone self-serving when it comes to updating their utility. Mr. MagicBeans has done nothing but offer excuses as to why he can't update MagicBeans to work with the new version of MagicJack. One of the excuses is he needs to expand his horizons to obtain additional income - income outside their current offerings of MagicBeans. I know times are tough but I did put out MY HARD EARNED CASH for a product professing quality and support. Beware All of the snake oil offerings of MagicJack's third party vendors like MagicBeans. They are making promises they cannot keep. AND... MagicJack, why aren't you incorporating features that third-party vendors are, (were), providing? *** I understand my previous statement of 'you get what you pay for'. But wouldn't it be more beneficial to all involved by putting MagicJack's efforts into increasing functionality such as provided by third-party vendors rather than using the same effort at locking out those additional features??? *** Dismayed and DISGRUNTLED.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: MagicBeans is a ripoff!

DisGruntled9 wrote:
It's sad that MagicJack cannot, (or does not want to), provide their supporters with the features such that MagicBeans, et al, used to provide. While MagicJack's service is nominal, (you get what you pay for), I am severly disappointed that MagicJack is trying to lock down service to what appears to be to prevent third party offerings of services that MagicJack could already be supplying. Near as I can tell, MagicJack's latest update has not provided any new functionality, at least in my favor. Now, throw on top, MagicBeans who did have a very functional add-on, (until MagicJack's lateast update), has gone self-serving when it comes to updating their utility. Mr. MagicBeans has done nothing but offer excuses as to why he can't update MagicBeans to work with the new version of MagicJack. One of the excuses is he needs to expand his horizons to obtain additional income - income outside their current offerings of MagicBeans. I know times are tough but I did put out MY HARD EARNED CASH for a product professing quality and support. Beware All of the snake oil offerings of MagicJack's third party vendors like MagicBeans. They are making promises they cannot keep. AND... MagicJack, why aren't you incorporating features that third-party vendors are, (were), providing? *** I understand my previous statement of 'you get what you pay for'. But wouldn't it be more beneficial to all involved by putting MagicJack's efforts into increasing functionality such as provided by third-party vendors rather than using the same effort at locking out those additional features??? *** Dismayed and DISGRUNTLED.

And yet MagicFeatures works JUST FINE with MJ 2.0.. They took less than a week to update and NOT CHARGE ONE EXTRA PENNY for all their work to get MF up and running. Considering they were blindsided like the rest of us by the MJ major update.. KUDOS to them!! Hell of a job and WELL worth the money..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Beware All of the snake oil offerings of MagicJack's third party vendors like MagicBeans. They are making promises they cannot keep.

It is not uncommon for software vendors to charge up to 25% annual maintenance for support and to pay for the development costs of updates and upgrades. I was very pleasantly surprised pcphonesoft supported their products after the latest "Lucky You" upgrade. As Joe said - "Kudos"!

On the other hand, I'm not surprised MagicBeans hasn't been willing or able to keep up with the latest changes. Simply an observation from reading the threads here on the forum, but I never saw the level of commitment to develop a mature product. After two separate attempts, I couldn't get the beta version to load, so I gave up.

Another red flag, for me at least, was that Mr. McBeans didn't offer a try-before-you-buy period. I know there were many very satisfied customers of his product. And I don't get too excited about software that no longer works or is not supported. Remember WordPerfect? Lotus 123?

Just some random thoughts at 6 in the morning when the silly cat won't let me sleep. Now, I think I'll go wash the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: