magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magicBlock is disabling magicJack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yechi7
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: magicBlock is disabling magicJack Reply with quote

I have been successfully running magicBlock with magicJack for many months. Suddenly today. I noticed that I can't call out because the dial tone is constantly there after I try to dial a number.

I tried plugging & unplugging magicJack, restarting magicJack, installing the new upgrade, System Restore, etc., etc. but nothing worked.

I stopped magicBlock & suddenly everything went back to normal. My magicBlock was somehow disabling my magicJack. Like I said, I've never had this problem before. I haven't started using any new software programs & my Norton Internet Security antivirus program is up to date. BTW, I'm using Windows XP.

Anybody have any ideas why magicBlock is suddenly disabling magicJack?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the MJ update is causing problems???
I got a MJ update on Jan 3rd...
I don't use MagicBlock so I can't say if the update messed it up.
I would find the topic with the author's post and send him a message telling him what is going on..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yechi7
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was doing this before the update. It just started misbehaving today. I could make or receive any calls & I had to exit magicBlock to use my phone. I did the update afterwards, hoping that this would fix the problem, but the problem remained.
yechi7
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally deleted magicBlock & got my magicJack working normally.

I read about an free alternative to magicBlock that's called MagicHide that does the same thing as magicBlock. I tried it & it works.

But this morning, it started to cause the same problem as magicBlock - dial numbers on the phone keypad & nothing happens - the dial tone remains. I finally had to disable MagicHide. to get magicJack working again.

Can anyone help or give any suggestions, ideas or solutions?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes stop using MJ addons...

Some do not play nice with MJ..

Joe Sica
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yechi7
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm watching a video, or doing anything for that matter on my PC where I don't want to be interrupted, & my wife or kids pick up the phone to make a call or we receive a call, there pops up the MJ splash screen, which then has to be manually minimized.

Magicblock, when it worked, actually avoided that problem altogether by instantly minimizing the splash screen. So it was very helpful. Then it suddenly stopped working properly & began to conflict with MJ.
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you run MJ as a service you do not get a pop up. I am not 100% sure as I do not run it that way.

Joe Sica
pcnetwrx
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently ran into the same problem, both running as a service and then trying Magicblock, it worked for less than a day and the same problem--can't break dial tone when dialing. It worked so well for so long. It looks like the magicjack people have figured out how to disable all of the blockers and running as a service. Bummer.

If anyone has a workaround, I would really like to know about it.
jaque1579
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: magicblock/windows service Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem as well. However, it's just more of annoyance, the continuuing dialtone. You can still place the call like you would normally, just have to put up with the dial tone after each key-press on your physical phone. If your phone supports "pre-entering" the numbers, then dialing out like most cellphones then that bypasses the annoying dialtone issue.

This is what I've noticed as well. I haven't been able to find an alternative around this. But I do notice that if MagicJack isn't opened on your desktop, you will have the continuing dialtone.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the free Magicsilence plugin tool at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com . It will stop dialtone and kill the popups and splash windows.
Bugggs
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Use Windows sessions does the job ! Reply with quote

I had the same problem... annoying Mad However I realised that M-Jack still works, it just that when it's minimized the dial tone does not stops when a number is entered. In fact try taking the phone (so M-Jack pops), minimize it and then start dialling. You will have the same problem.

To me, you have 4 choices

1 - accept the pop-up and live with it knowing that this is kinda the business model of MagicJack.

2 - use a tool that minimizes the softphone such as magicblock. this means that you will hear the dial tone even while dialing but the call will be placed correctly and everything will work find.

3 - use a tool that makes invisible the softphone. It will still pop BUT you will not see it. unfortunately this will not stop the full screen video to be cancelled. Magic Who 1.7 is one of them

4 - Finally, create an account on your computer and use it only to run M-Jack. Who cares if the softphone pops on that session? It works on XP at least

Good Luck
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, Magicsilence does stop the dialtone when you dial digits. You can download it at http://tools.pcphonesoft.com .
jsherk
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the following tool called AutoSizer ... it works with any window you have, not just magicJack, and it will even minimize the annoying splash screen that appears when you first start up mj.

http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/

I tried all the other tools (magicBlock, magicSilence and magicHide) but I prefer this AutoSizer tool the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: