Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAGICFEATURES - Add 20+ Features Plus Call Recording
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I purchased the full version last night, thank you. I currently have v1.03 and tried to use the update check function. It says I have the latest version. It is not recognizing the 1.04 upgrade. Is the upgrade check feature working correctly?

Alpman aka acpcguy on ebay
[email protected]

Thanks for the heads up. The update check is made against the current version on our server and this has been fixed. If you use the update check button again it should give you the correct message result now.

If you want to ever double check what release you have installed just right mouse click on the little icon and select "About" from the menu.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:

You can expect to see an extended Selective Call Blocking numbers list added to the Magicfeatures Plugin early in the New Year.
docooo
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject:

You would have a good product if this had the a way to block
the MJ number going out .

If you do sorry - must of missed it

Doc
newtoncd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject:

docooo wrote:
You would have a good product if this had the a way to block
the MJ number going out .

If you do sorry - must of missed it

Doc

Request it on their forum ... worth a shot.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

HOW TO BLOCK THE OUTGOING CALLER ID - A RELIABLE SOLUTION THAT WORKS

The magicJack network no longer supports blocking or spoofing the outgoing caller id. That can be written off as a direct option altogether unless they decide to permit this capability sometime in the future. Most other phone providers actually give you that option.

We do however provide reliable published working solutions for blocking the outgoing caller id that are currently being used by a lot of magicJack users. These options also give you a calling backup alternative in case there are call quality issues with the magicJack network.

You can block / spoof the caller id using our "Skyjack" Plugin with Skype for the outgoing calls you need to do that for. Just dial * before the number you wish to call.

You can also do the same thing using our "Xlitejack" Plugin with SipGate, VoIPBuster or Gizmo5 for the outgoing calls you need to do that for. Just dial # before the number you wish to call.

Both of the latter plugins can be used at the same time as the Magicfeatures plugin.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject:

redpepper... can you elaborate a little re: spoofing your number. Although I currently use Google Voice for making calls, so every call should show my GV number, it's a little cumbersome. A more elegant solution would be to spoof my GV number using the MJ.

I understand MJ has taken this away, but it can be done with Skype. Can you provide some specifics? TIA

BTW, *love* the MagicFeaturesPlugin. Neat little app.
sabresfan
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Darkman90808 wrote:
redpepper... can you elaborate a little re: spoofing your number. Although I currently use Google Voice for making calls, so every call should show my GV number, it's a little cumbersome. A more elegant solution would be to spoof my GV number using the MJ.

I understand MJ has taken this away, but it can be done with Skype. Can you provide some specifics? TIA

BTW, *love* the MagicFeaturesPlugin. Neat little app.
You can buy the Xlite plugin and setup an account with sipgate. I have this setup with my googlevoice number. Sipgate allows you to choose the caller id number you want to be shown when calling someone else. To setup an account is free. Incoming calls are free. Calling someone is 1.9 cents a minute. I put $10 on my account back in july and I have over $9 left. It's a great solution to be able to use MJ and if you want set your own caller id. The other extra benefit is to have a backup provider if MJ has some problems. You can get a free number with Sipgate if you want for incoming or you can just use the service for outgoing calls.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! I set up a Skype account, but I don't think it will let me use my Google Voice number for the caller ID. At least, I never received their text message so I could complete the number verification. I'll do the X-lite / Sipgate thing. Much appreciated. BTW, I tested the Skyjack and registered. Works like a charm. I got it just for the reason you said - sometimes the MJ network is having hiccups!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

The default caller id for Skype when I use it is something like 0001234567 when it shows up on the other end. You can also log into your Skype account and change it to your mobile phone number.

Sabresfan described the flexibility that SipGate gives pretty well. Personally, I am curious to see what Google is going to do with Gizmo5 that they just purchased and how that is going to work with the Google Voice numbers. You would think they would roll it into some type of ubiquitous package at some stage.
onlyme
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I have tried ver 1.03 and ver 1.04 of magicfeatureplugin on a HP T5700 and an HP T5710 and can not get it to work reliably, has anyone else had any luck?

The caller ID will work for a few calls and then quit working.

The double the amount of rings feature only shortens the duration of the ring.

I'd love to get this working, Ver 1.04 is even worse than Ver 1.03, I am doing a commit after I install it and doing a commit after I make any changes to it.

After a restart magicfeatureplugin wont be loaded, that problem just started with ver 1.04

Any help would be appreiated.
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Not sure I can be of any help; I'm just able to report my experience. I suspect you'll have to get an answer directly from redpepper.

I registered the product after testing it for a couple of days, maybe a week. I'm pleased with the results but when I went to update the registered version to 1.04, it wouldn't let me.

Not sure why, and quite frankly, at this juncture, I don't really care. The only reason I got it was to double the rings so my Google Voice would pick up before the MJ voice mail. I may start using some of the other features in the near future.

I didn't have any problems removing 1.04 and reinstalling 1.03. I have a PM into redpepper but I'm guessing s/he's taking a breather for Christmas. Good luck, 'cause I'm still planning on getting a TC sometime after the first of the year.

NOTE: I've since updated to 1.04 without issue. Don't know but it's possible my problem was operator error. Embarassed

Last edited by Darkman90808 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I have tried ver 1.03 and ver 1.04 of magicfeatureplugin on a HP T5700 and an HP T5710 and can not get it to work reliably, has anyone else had any luck?

I'd love to get this working, Ver 1.04 is even worse than Ver 1.03, I am doing a commit after I install it and doing a commit after I make any changes to it.

After a restart magicfeatureplugin wont be loaded, that problem just started with ver 1.04

For everybody's clarification, you are using a "thin" client. It is a special configuration that was never considered in the original product plan. For the time being, you should stick with Release 1.03.

A "thin" client was just purchased and it has arrived. It is being setup in house so support can be adequately provided. The issues you mentioned as they relate to "thin" clients are being addressed and should be sorted in Release 1.05 due out in the next couple of weeks.
Alpman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
Quote:

For everybody's clarification, you are using a "thin" client. It is a special configuration that was never considered in the original product plan. For the time being, you should stick with Release 1.03.

A "thin" client was just purchased and it has arrived. It is being setup in house so support can be adequately provided. The issues you mentioned as they relate to "thin" clients are being addressed and should be sorted in Release 1.05 due out in the next couple of weeks.

Red - I'm glad it arrived. If you have any questions about it please let me know. I was having the same issues after a period of time with 1.04 with my thin client and switched back to 1.03 with no issues. I have not tested it on a full version XP desktop/laptop. I'm patiently awaiting the 1.05 release. Thanks...
Alleytom
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Magicfeatures on thin client

Redpepper,

I installed Magicfeatures on a dedicated Wyse 941GXL Thin Client this morning and so far all is working well. I had earlier tried Magicbeans, even installing a spare 20gig laptop hard drive in order to get Magicbeans to work. So far I have been disappointed with it, I was mainly interested in the longer ring duration so I could use our answering machine instead of voice mail, but couldn't get it to work at all. As far as Magicfeatures is concerned, the double ring feature is working for me right out of the box, and the caller ID feature fixed my wife's main complaint about mj. If you guys get it running properly on a thin client without a hard drive (using a flash drive) I will remove the laptop hard drive and go back to the flash drive. I like the TC as it sits quietly on a shelf, I have it running without monitor or keyboard and access it remotely.

Anyway, good work so far, and a great product,

Tom
ascarpace
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Works Great

This product works as advertised for me. I could not get magic beans extended ring to work, but the double ring works great in addition to all the other features. Great product for only $6.95
Mightybyte
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Rebooting thin client with Magicfeatures

I have downloaded the trial version of the Magicfeatures software to my thin client and it works great. However when I re-boot the thin client, the Magicfeatures software disappears and I must re-download the software from the pcphonesoft.com website. The thin client does not have a writable hard drive, only a flash drive. Is there any way I can store the downloaded software so that it doesn't disappear when I re-boot?
oldtimercurt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject:

Mightybyte,
after you install and have it running the way you want, you need to do a commit so its saved on the flash drive. If I recall click on the padlock in the tray.

Good luck.

OTC
Mightybyte
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Thanks, Curt. One more question.

I tried your suggestion and it works! After I did the commit, it asked me if I wanted to disable or enable the write filter. I chose to enable the write filter. What does the write filter do? Is this the option I want?
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
MAGICFEATURES - FULL FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS

ANONYMOUS CALL REJECTION
:::Calls arriving without caller identification information will be blocked.

HELP >>>> ANONYMOUS CALL REJECTION does not work (ver 1.03 w/thin client) .. it sends it to your MJ voice mail instead ...

I know as I just made the 2nd anonymous call to my phone to double ck ...

What was/is it suppose to do?

Inform the caller that ANONYMOUS CALLS are REJECTED or just hang up?

PS: I bought the product ...
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

Yes. All blocked calls are rejected and sent to voice mail by design intent.

Blocked calls are rejected exactly the same as if you were not using the plugin and manually hit the "Ignore" button on the magicJack dialer. The latter rejects the call and sends it to voice mail.

This is real call rejection and the ability for an anonymous caller to leave a message is important. As a real example, NOT all incoming international calls arrive with a caller id. If it was an emergency, the caller could not even leave a message that you could later screen without voice mail. Even for those that do not have family or friends that live abroad, people do take vacations and travel abroad.

We do not currently have an option available to NOT send blocked calls to voice mail. At present, our intent is to stay in line with the exact same way the magicJack network handles calls if you manually reject them using the "Ignore" button on the magicJack dialer and this currently disconnects the call and sends it to voice mail.
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Redpepper, how about adding a feature where the telephone's mic can be set to serve exactly the same function as a regular mic plugged into the mic jack of the computer, and the telephone's speaker can be set to serve exactly the same function as a regular speaker plugged into the speaker jack of the computer?

This would be for computer uses that don't ordinarily involve a telephone. Examples: Dictation using the telephone rather than a mic (for people using voice recognition programs), or for participating in a through-the-computer webinar using a telephone rather than a headset. (And if a real call came in during such use, the normal call waiting feature would come into play).

Also, can you combine all 3 of your programs into a single application (with a single key) for us forum members at a special price; we'd pm you with paypal info?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject:

dz20854 wrote:
Redpepper, how about adding a feature where the telephone's mic can be set to serve exactly the same function as a regular mic plugged into the mic jack of the computer, and the telephone's speaker can be set to serve exactly the same function as a regular speaker plugged into the speaker jack of the computer?

This would be for computer uses that don't ordinarily involve a telephone. Examples: Dictation using the telephone rather than a mic (for people using voice recognition programs), or for participating in a through-the-computer webinar using a telephone rather than a headset. (And if a real call came in during such use, the normal call waiting feature would come into play).

Also, can you combine all 3 of your programs into a single application (with a single key) for us forum members at a special price; we'd pm you with paypal info?

RESPONSE: Sounds useful !!! This is in line with another feature we are just about to start developing. What name do you think would be simple and easy to remember for this capability? Perhaps "Manual Call" (Dial 62 for M.C.)?

In regards to combining the plugins, the plugins are definitely going to remain separate. In regards to bundled packages/pricing, we may look at that down the road but it will definitely be after the introductory pricing period has ended. Thanks for your interest and for asking.
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject:

Another request, again using the telephone as a computer mic:

VIRTUAL TAPE RECORDER: Pickup any phone in the house, dial *9, start speaking (dictation) into the phone, and your computer saves this voice dictation as a file. Useful for writers, and for making to-do lists on the fly.

This is different from your existing feature of call recording, since you would not need to place a phone call. Also, it is much easier than using magicjack's answering machine to do this.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject:

That would be a pretty cool feature.

I just thought of another separate variation on this idea. That would be a "reminder call with memo" where you not only dial a feature code and then punch in a time but can also record a reminder memo for yourself.

Your phone would then ring at that time and play your reminder memo back to you via the phone handset (i.e. you answer the phone when it rings at the time you told it to call you and hear a memo you left for yourself like "remember your son's little league playoff game at 5:30").

We are going to add the feature you suggested and the "reminder call with memo" to our development plans.
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I could not get the 7 number dial feature to work on version 1.05 that must have just come out. I am running Vista on a Dell Dimension desktop.
judgeandjury
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject:

1. How about adding a feature to dial out using Google Voice so that your Google Voice caller will be displayed to party receiving the call. Maybe a sequence like ## and the number would engage the script.

2. How about adding an automated feature to dial out using the Ring2Skype service. Create a script to dial a Ring2Skyp call in number and place a timing delay to send the extension number for the intended Skype user after 10 seconds or so.
revolutiondj
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject:

revolutiondj wrote:
I could not get the 7 number dial feature to work on version 1.05 that must have just come out. I am running Vista on a Dell Dimension desktop.

I got the 7 number dial to work. The problem was that this program doesn't work well with the Magicblock program I was using.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject:

judgeandjury wrote:
1. How about adding a feature to dial out using Google Voice so that your Google Voice caller will be displayed to party receiving the call. Maybe a sequence like ## and the number would engage the script.

2. How about adding an automated feature to dial out using the Ring2Skype service. Create a script to dial a Ring2Skyp call in number and place a timing delay to send the extension number for the intended Skype user after 10 seconds or so.

GOOGLE VOICE / GIZMO5 / SIP PROVIDERS
In regards to Google Voice, we cannot give much feedback on it as we have been unable to secure a Google Voice account so far although we requested an invite ages ago. We are also waiting to see what is going to happen with the recent purchase of Gizmo5 by Google and how that folds into the Google Voice offering.

At the moment, you can however use Gizmo5 (or any other SIP provider for that matter) from your magicJack by dialing ## followed by the phone number you wish to call if you have the Xlitejack Plugin installed and setup. For incoming calls, just answer your phone when it rings.

For Skype, there is the Skyjack Plugin. Just dial ** followed by the number you wish to call. You can also receive and place calls from/to other Skype users as well. For incoming calls, just answer the phone when it rings.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject:

revolutiondj wrote:
revolutiondj wrote:

I got the 7 number dial to work. The problem was that this program doesn't work well with the Magicblock program I was using.

Thanks for the follow up that identifies the source of the problem and how you got it working.
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject:

I bought MagicfeaturesPlugin, and am thrilled that future upgrades will include: Manual Call, Virtual Tape Recorder, and Reminder Call With Memo!

I called in my order at (800)903-4152 where (unlike the online order page) they accepted my credit card even though I have a free email account. Everything worked out OK after I realized that they had emailed me version 1.03, and that I needed to go to the download page to update to version 1.05. This update is especially important if you have Windows 7.

Thanks for the great product!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. The link that is e-mailed out at time of purchase has been corrected and updated.

Those additional features will be available in the next few weeks.
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject:

Redpepper- I have not yet tried magic features, but the feedback sounds great. I fully expect I will purchase once I have my MJ running again here soon.

A question- I will be running MJ on my media center HTPC. Is there any chance or plan to add a callerID plugin to media center so my MJ will display callerid info on-screen in media center when someone calls?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I had to do a Google to make sure I understood what you are in the process of setting up. That's awesome !!!

At the moment, the magicJack has a small pop-up window that displays the caller number on the computer screen when an incoming call arrives.

There is nothing preventing the Magicfeatures Plugin from being enhanced to "backfill" in the caller's name in that same small window that already pops open on the screen.

I'm glad you thought of it and will make sure that capability is added to the plugin in the next release.

Your combined computer/tv setup is definitely the way of the future...
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
I had to do a Google to make sure I understood what you are in the process of setting up. That's awesome !!!

At the moment, the magicJack has a small pop-up window that displays the caller number on the computer screen when an incoming call arrives.

There is nothing preventing the Magicfeatures Plugin from being enhanced to "backfill" in the caller's name in that same small window that already pops open on the screen.

I'm glad you thought of it and will make sure that capability is added to the plugin in the next release.

Your combined computer/tv setup is definitely the way of the future...

Thank you redpepper. To aid in what is involved. There is a similar media center plugin made for use with standard PCI modems called TAPIREX. I am not sure all of what it takes to create a plug in for media center, though.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

If it is based on a Windows operating system the Magicfeatures Plugin should work. Let me know when you have more information on it.
jonfk2
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: switching MJs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Windows 7 machine with a MJ registered with your product; also, I am running a different MJ on a dedicated thin client. I tried to switch the registered MJ to the thin client and got an UNregistered message for that unit. Am I correct in assuming that a registered unit only works on the original computer?
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject:

For clarification, you can install the plugin to use with your magicJack usb dongle on as many computers as you wish. The license is not tied to a specific computer but it is tied to the magicJack usb dongle used at the time of registration.

I don't understand what you are referring to as an "unregistered" message.

If you still have challenges and need further assistance, please visit http://support.pcphonesoft.com where we can better help you.
conniemadagain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: switching MJs

jonfk2 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Windows 7 machine with a MJ registered with your product; also, I am running a different MJ on a dedicated thin client. I tried to switch the registered MJ to the thin client and got an UNregistered message for that unit. Am I correct in assuming that a registered unit only works on the original computer?

If you took the reg'd mj to another computer you have to enter the reg code again on that different computer ...

Last edited by conniemadagain on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject:

redpepper wrote:
If it is based on a Windows operating system the Magicfeatures Plugin should work. Let me know when you have more information on it.

Hello redpepper,

I could not tell if this was directed to me or not. If so, I will try it, but doubt that it will work. The reason is that while in the Media Center environment all windows screens and popups cannot be seen. Media Center covers the whole screen and nothing can come through or be put on top. Something like most PC games are like.

Media Center plugins are specific to media center and are registered to it. Here is a list of media center plugins
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/4259.aspx
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject:

Noted and understood. The Magicfeatures Plugin is 100% software so based on the further details you provided it will not provide a pop-up screen on your media center.

The Magicfeatures Plugin WILL however display the caller id name and number on your phone's display for both incoming calls and call waiting calls.

If you use a talking phone system like the Panasonic Dect 6.0 cordless phone system (available from your local Walmart), the name and number of the person calling you is also verbally announced.
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject:

Understood. Thank you.

You should know that I believe there would be a market out there if you could develop a plugin for media center.
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject:

Redpepper, could you reduce the loudness of the beep tone that is heard every 15 seconds in Call Record? In the past when my calls have been recorded (like by a stockbroker) the beep tone has been much softer, so you could still hear the other party despite the beep.

By the way, one of my remaining reasons for keeping Magicjack for whole house use (and not jumping ship to Nettalk TK6000) is your MagicfeaturesPlugin. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject:

dz20854 wrote:
Redpepper, could you reduce the loudness of the beep tone that is heard every 15 seconds in Call Record? In the past when my calls have been recorded (like by a stockbroker) the beep tone has been much softer, so you could still hear the other party despite the beep.

By the way, one of my remaining reasons for keeping Magicjack for whole house use (and not jumping ship to Nettalk TK6000) is your MagicfeaturesPlugin. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the benchmark regarding the loudness of the call recording warning beep on other products. I will see that the beep is softened as much as possible for the next release.
smaye
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject:

redpepper- The one two punch for many of us MJ users would be running MJ as a service and using magicfeatures.

over here http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/tool-to-make-magicjack-run-as-a-windows-service-t8112.html

etvaugha has developed a nice way to run MJ as a service. Only issue is that is kills magic features. Any chance you could post there to help him fix it to work with your program?
dz20854
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Redpepper, more suggestions:

1) The speed dial display can eliminate the need to use MJ's contacts list, and all speed dial entries can be kept completely private from MJ. If you click on a speed dial number (SD#) it places the call. Then add an additional display page for speed dial #ís 101 thru 200. (51 thru 100 would be reserved for special calling features). Any incoming or completed outgoing call whose number was not already in the speed dial list would be automatically added to the next unused line of the speed dial list, along with the name (or city) from reverse number lookup. The user could periodically delete some of these numbers, or put in a more accurate name. The name as listed on the speed dial list would be the first place caller id would look for names.

2) Call history hard disc log option: "Save call history for the last how many days?" The user could enter 0 or more. Each day would be a separate file named for that day, and would be automatically updated in real time and deleted after the number of days specified. Allow an election to have the call history that is shown on the MJ display (and available to the MJ servers) deleted once a day at XX:XX , or at shutdown of MJ.

3) A button on the display for safely shutting down MJ; if pressed, call history on MJ's servers would first be deleted (if that option had been selected), then the MJ USB drive would be safely shut down, then the MagicfeaturesPlugin would shut down.

4) Incoming calls: The soft phone never pops up unless the MJ icon at the bottom of the screen is clicked. A setting in MagicfeaturesPlugin determines whether or not the caller id popup appears, and if it appears what will be its size and location on the screen. Pressing "accept" on the popup screen will not cause the soft phone to appear. If your setting does not allow the caller id popup to appear, then if you click the MJ icon in the task bar when the call is ringing, both the soft phone and the caller id popup will appear.

5) No screens from MJ will ever appear (at startup or otherwise) other than the MJ icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, except: a) the softphone, when the MJ icon at the bottom of the screen is clicked, b) the caller id popup screen, when allowed to popup as explained in "4" above.

6) More options for reminder call with memo: If just time is entered the reminder call is for the same day; if * is added after the time then the reminder call is made every day at that time (useful as a wakeup call); if a date is entered before the time the reminder call is for a future date. Each call reminder that is still open would appear on the display with a button allowing cancellation.

7) I suppose running MJ as a service together with MagicfeaturesPlugin, as suggested by smaye, would involve adding a soft phone and the rest of the MJ menu (minus the useless items) to the MagicfeaturesPlugin display. But the advantage to using MJ's original soft phone to call out on is that you can find out about MJ's notices, offers, and new features when they first come out.

Cool Voice mail option: Enable/Disable, "Enter # of rings (0 or more) before voice mail picks up". Note that the double ringing option (which would be kept) would not double the # of rings specified-- it only makes each individual ring sound for half as long, so voice mail would pickup in half the time.

Last edited by dz20854 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 11 times in total
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks for all your suggestions. They have been noted.
Dfdo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: MFP Dbl Ring Feature

MFP dbl ring feature is of no use whatsoever to increase the MJ's ring count b4 VM pick up the call. They (redpepper & Co.) continue to sugarcoat this issue without being upfront with their prospective users.

They need to sell their product on the merits of the other neat features in it. I paid and use it for those reasons!

I posted my views on the following thread on their forum and it never got posted, just like an earlier attempt sometime back.

http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119

(If they happen to take down this link, I will later post here what was in there)

Following are my observations which never got posted

Quote:
Magicfeatureplugin is a neat feature, and the 2 common reasons that most regular MJ users come knocking at its doors are (in my opinion) to find solutions to ;

a) whether it can help to increase the number of rings (currently 4) before the MJ Voice mail picks up a call and

b) Whether it can help with call waiting caller ID.

The answers are

a) NO it will not help and

b) Yeah it does a good job doing that. ($9.95 spent on this feature alone is well spent)

I am not sure why the MFP use the double ring feature at all !! 'cos it does not do any good to solve the real problem with MJ. What people need is increase of number of 'real' rings. They at MFP use tech jargon like 'physical voltage rings' to cover the real issue. The real issue is not the number of rings, but the actual TIME before a call goes to MJ VM. And sure enough MFP cannot increase that time.

The use of MFP double ring feature is just as good as setting your regular answering machine to pick up at 3 rings, nothing more nothing less !

MFP has just split up the time MJ takes now to do 4 rings (around 22-24 seconds) and does about 7-8 SHORT rings in the same time period and that is NOT exactly what the MJ users need !!

There are some real solutions one can find elsewhere to increase the number of MJ rings helping one to set up an answering machine to pick up a call after more than 4 'real' rings.

But DO NOT underestimate MFP for lack of this feature ( I hope they'll get a real solution in the near future), one need to appreciate many of its other features which make the use of MJ a pleasant one. ( and they are evolving for the better,rapidly)

Moderator;
Last time I posted about this # of rings issue, you did not even post it in, and that thread is no where to find now!!
Yes your answer give the correct info, but to a non-tech regular MJ user, I am not sure whether it means anything though.

You have nothing to loose being up front with this issue, in a non tech down- to-earth manner with your users. Hope you will post this in.

Thanks, and keep your good efforts up!
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MFP dbl ring feature is of no use whatsoever to increase the MJ's ring count b4 VM pick up the call. They (redpepper & Co.) continue to sugarcoat this issue without being upfront with their prospective users.

I'm not sure what you mean by this... I just tested it, and it seems to work as advertised. It rang eight times before going to MJ voice mail.

Are you expecting something different, or does that not happen for you?
Dfdo
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Darkman90808 wrote:
Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean by this... I just tested it, and it seems to work as advertised. It rang eight times before going to MJ voice mail.

Are you expecting something different, or does that not happen for you?

I
Quote:
The real issue is not the number of rings, but the actual TIME before a call goes to MJ VM. And sure enough MFP cannot increase that time

4 MJ rings = 8 MFP 'half' Rings !!, (both take ~actual 24 seconds) just the same....... nothing more nothing less.....thus NOT a feature improvement.

1 MJ ring = 4 seconds of ring sound and 2 seconds of silence
1 MFP ring = 2 seconds ring and 1 seconds silence

Last edited by Dfdo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darkman90808
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject:

After testing again, my observations are consistent with your results.

I originally bought MagicFeaturesPlus to ensure incoming calls to my Google Voice number that weren't picked up right away would go to GV voice mail, not MJ voice mail.

I don't have a good way at the moment to see if this is the case. I'll report back later, but at first glance, it does seem to defeat the purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack related items For Sale / Wanted All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: