Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicfeatures Caller ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjhebert1985
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Magicfeatures Caller ID

Hello All!
Let me first say that I think this entire site is marvelous and it's probably the only reason I still have my magicJack!
Now, I do have a question regarding Magicfeatures and its Caller ID. It may be just me, but I don't know. We have an AT&T local line (for emergency purposes) with only the Caller ID feature. When I call my AT&T line from my cell phone, "HEBERT,TYLER J" is the Caller ID, but when I call my MJ, it says either, "Texas", or "Houston, TX". I asked about this at the magicfeatures forum, but an admin refused to give me any details and just says, "...our Caller ID comes from online sources."
Well, another reason I am asking is because when family calls, such as my mom, one of the follow is displayed...
"Texas"
"Huffman, TX"
"Marianne Jones"

Reason this is odd is a) the number is not in Huffman, Texas, in fact it's not even a Texas number and b) I have NO clue who Marianne Jones is!
Any ideas or info?

Thanks in advance!!

Tyler Hebert
In addition:
Oh, also there are websites like freerevcell.net and ciddb.com that provide the same Caller ID info, so why is it so inconsistent and what is this online source?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Magicfeatures Caller ID

tjhebert1985 wrote:
Hello All!
Let me first say that I think this entire site is marvelous and it's probably the only reason I still have my magicJack!
Now, I do have a question regarding Magicfeatures and its Caller ID. It may be just me, but I don't know. We have an AT&T local line (for emergency purposes) with only the Caller ID feature. When I call my AT&T line from my cell phone, "HEBERT,TYLER J" is the Caller ID, but when I call my MJ, it says either, "Texas", or "Houston, TX". I asked about this at the magicfeatures forum, but an admin refused to give me any details and just says, "...our Caller ID comes from online sources."
Well, another reason I am asking is because when family calls, such as my mom, one of the follow is displayed...
"Texas"
"Huffman, TX"
"Marianne Jones"

Reason this is odd is a) the number is not in Huffman, Texas, in fact it's not even a Texas number and b) I have NO clue who Marianne Jones is!
Any ideas or info?

Thanks in advance!!

Tyler Hebert
In addition:
Oh, also there are websites like freerevcell.net and ciddb.com that provide the same Caller ID info, so why is it so inconsistent and what is this online source?

If MF doesnt see the name associated with the number in it's speed dial section all you get is local area and number the call is from. So add your contacts in it's speed dial section and you will see their name if one of them calls. Every time you get a new call just add that number AND name to the MF speed dial section.
Of course you can also do that in your phones calling directory so when you get a call the associated name will show up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjhebert1985
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply

The only reason that hasn't worked for us, is that we have more that 50 entries we would need to use and part of the reason we bought MF was because it was suppose to have Caller ID. Confused

Is there a alternative to using the MF Contacts limited at 50?
bitstopjoe
Future magicJack CEO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply

tjhebert1985 wrote:
The only reason that hasn't worked for us, is that we have more that 50 entries we would need to use and part of the reason we bought MF was because it was suppose to have Caller ID. Confused

Is there a alternative to using the MF Contacts limited at 50?

Best to send a PM here to redpepper and ask him, or I am sure he will chime in and let you know if they have an update or a work around for the 50 number entry limit.

Last edited by bitstopjoe on Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tjhebert1985
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks!

Great! Thanks!
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Try the MagicContacts bulk contacts facility.
Rob123456
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I use majic jack with another program (I wrote) called CallClerk, CallClerk lets you associate names to numbers and it popups the name and number of the caller when the call comes in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: