magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicfeaturesPluginBat.exe Trojan.Downloader ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nugrl
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: MagicfeaturesPluginBat.exe Trojan.Downloader ? Reply with quote

What the hell is this? I ran Malwarebytes on two of my systems here that have had the mj/mf installed on it, and this is the result I am getting from malwarebytes. can anyone tell me what this is?
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: MagicfeaturesPluginBat.exe Trojan.Downloader ? Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
What the hell is this? I ran Malwarebytes on two of my systems here that have had the mj/mf installed on it, and this is the result I am getting from malwarebytes. can anyone tell me what this is?

You might want to go post this to the PC Phone Soft forum at http://support.pcphonesoft.com or e-mail [email protected] and they will help you out.

Ernie
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this something that I should be concerned about? I am afraid to remove these from both of my computers because I dont' know if it will stop my mj/mf from working again?!?! Shocked
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
is this something that I should be concerned about? I am afraid to remove these from both of my computers because I dont' know if it will stop my mj/mf from working again?!?! Shocked

The way the program is written or the packer being used is giving you a false positive. If need be put the program in your AV exclusions list Wink

P.S. by the way that file is used for Vista/Win7 because of the UAC
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I thought about that, but I am not taking any chances. so I thought I better post it on here to be sure.

I have the UAC disabled on both of those computers.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
well I thought about that, but I am not taking any chances. so I thought I better post it on here to be sure.

Im a programmer aka crack writer etc, I know trojans etc well. Its a false positive. Hell get yourself Kaspersky Internet Security AV. Nothing beats it. Im running new magicfeatures 2.011 with newest 2.03 MJ Upgrade no problem. That file is safe its your AV having a stroke
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Im a programmer aka crack writer etc, I know trojans etc well. Its a false positive. Hell get yourself Kaspersky Internet Security AV. Nothing beats it. Im running new magicfeatures 2.011 with newest 2.03 MJ Upgrade no problem. That file is safe its your AV having a stroke

hmmm.... are you really? thats good to know, I might have some further questions for you. Wink btw, I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus, not the Internet Security, it slows my system way down.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

hmmm.... are you really? thats good to know, I might have some further questions for you. Wink btw, I am using Kaspersky Anti-Virus, not the Internet Security, it slows my system way down.

Well whatever Kaspersky u want just tell me, I'll register it for free for a yr or two... Do a google search of Gashliquor, I been around a bit Wink

P.S. Off Topic, I think im going to buy a new 2010 MJ today because it uses a new chip. The one i have is two yrs old but kicks ass but i have alot of shit running to make it sound the way it does. Also comodo is a good firewall to use with the Kaspersky ur running
Nugrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me know how the new mj works out for you. perhaps you could explain to me how you have your mj set up that you are using right now. maybe that would fix some of the quirky things that mine does....???

I too just purchased another mj myself about 4 days ago. so how would I be able to tell if it posesses this new chip you speak of? just curious...
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue was covered a few days ago in the forum so I guess you missed it when you searched.

See http://www.pcphonesoft.com/pcphonesoft/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=605 .

Yes - it is definitely a false positive. For clarification, MagicfeaturesPluginBat.exe and MagicfeaturesPluginBat2.exe are both valid files. They are installed in the MagicfeaturesPlugin folder.

These are compiled batch files that run at the time of program installation and automatically insert a program exception for the MagicfeaturesPlugin in the Windows Firewall for Windows XP users and Window Vista/7 users. That is exactly all they do and they are definitely required.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:
let me know how the new mj works out for you. perhaps you could explain to me how you have your mj set up that you are using right now. maybe that would fix some of the quirky things that mine does....???

I too just purchased another mj myself about 4 days ago. so how would I be able to tell if it posesses this new chip you speak of? just curious...

Well i purchased my 2010 MJ from Radio shack with a 2 yr warranty for 10 bux for 2 years. There is a difference that i notice in audio with the 2010 version of MJ VS the 2008 Version i had. However i am on a very fast connection plus im using a QOS amp and im also using a external Home Brew Audio Amp so when i call someone on a phone i sound as loud as a Nextel Walkie Talkie but i usually turn it down because to loud. The amp would not be FCC legal to use on a regular phone because im increasing out going audio however another circuit has a variable incoming knob to adjust audio input gain which can be used on a regular phone. My MJ is like 5 feet from my computer on the 3rd lowest shelf with a bunch of shit plus running MagicfeaturesPlugin it's the ticket. It did'nt get this way in no year it took awhile to get it like this and when the MJ so called engineers write BS Software/ Firmware it can cause problems for many. I upgraded to version 2.03 right away and all smooth. Plus i prefer to run it thru a Vista 32 bit OS with the UAC modified just a little.
gashliquor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugrl wrote:

All 4th Gen MJ's i seen using there newest chip ( 2010 )
Nugrl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gashliquor wrote:
Nugrl wrote:

Well i purchased my 2010 MJ from Radio shack with a 2 yr warranty for 10 bux for 2 years. There is a difference that i notice in audio with the 2010 version of MJ VS the 2008 Version i had. However i am on a very fast connection plus im using a QOS amp and im also using a external Home Brew Audio Amp so when i call someone on a phone i sound as loud as a Nextel Walkie Talkie but i usually turn it down because to loud. The amp would not be FCC legal to use on a regular phone because im increasing out going audio however another circuit has a variable incoming knob to adjust audio input gain which can be used on a regular phone. My MJ is like 5 feet from my computer on the 3rd lowest shelf with a bunch of shit plus running MagicfeaturesPlugin it's the ticket. It did'nt get this way in no year it took awhile to get it like this and when the MJ so called engineers write BS Software/ Firmware it can cause problems for many. I upgraded to version 2.03 right away and all smooth. Plus i prefer to run it thru a Vista 32 bit OS with the UAC modified just a little.

Wow! I am running nothing like that, so perhaps thats why I have the problems I do. I am just tired of hearing the person on the other end saying to me, "Are you there?" because they claim they can't hear me, or of course the occasional dropped call, just like a cell phone. Oh and lets not forget the warbling/cutting out sound you get also like a cell phone. What Qos amp are you using? and does it make a difference you not having the mj connected directly into the tower? are you running this on a thin client? because I really know nothing about that. any help you could give on getting this mj sounding as you so put it, "kick ass" would definitely be appreciated. Seeing as how I use this mj as my only phone, aside from my cell in my house. also where do I look on the new mj I just bought 4-5 days ago to see if it has the new chip in it? would it be on the mj itself or on the packaging it came in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: