magicJack  and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index

magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks

magicJack and magicJack Plus Unofficial Technical Support. Your Magic Jack and Magic Jack Plus phone service information resource

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MagicFix questions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanunanu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: MagicFix questions? Reply with quote

Ok...got my MJ and been thru all the stuff needed to get going about 6 weeks ago including the MagicFix and all is well Smile
Here are my questions...

Does the MagicFix get updated every once in a while? Do we need to run it like a firmware or software update on occasion whether we need it or not?
strndedinalska
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that it hurts anything, but I've never heard it's necessary. I run it again if my jack starts acting funky, but overall a computer reboot will clean up most minor issues.
HolmanGT
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nanunanu Boy does your handle take me back a bit. Laughing

Actually in the MagicFIX, I don't think it does any upgrading it is just a check & adjust program.

If you want to watch for new software upgrades the box right below Fix Me is a box that says something to the effect "Still not fixed" click here. That will actually down load the latest software update which for PC(s) is version 1.73.4153.2910.. I do check it once in awhile to see if any thing new has popped up. Actually you don't have to down load it to check for new, just fake it right up to the point that you would normally say OK to the down load and if it is 7.11 megabytes it has not changed and is still the version I mentioned.
nanunanu
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mork here Smile
Thanks HolmanGT great post...will try that for sure...love my MJ
just wish they would hurry up with the Canadian area codes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    magicJack and magicJack Plus Support, Reviews, FAQs and Hacks Forum Index -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: