Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack acts like its read-only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aderlass
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Magicjack acts like its read-only

Installed my new Magicjack and it appears to work fine when making and receiving calls. Voicemail is also working. However, when you examine the call list and you try to add anything there through the "Add To Contacts" menu, it's greyed out. Of the four items on that menu, it's the only one greyed out. My understanding was that Add To Contacts could be greyed out when the entry is already in your Contact List. However, there's nothing in my Contact list. I can click on my Contact List, which currently has nothing in it, and right-click to bring up the object menu, thinking I'll manually "Add..." something to the Contact List, but all menu entries are greyed out so nothing can be added. I shutdown my system, power back up, Magicjack loads fine but the existing Call List is cleared. As long as the system stays up the Call List remains. Any ideas....should I....

1) reinstall it after removing it from the system
2) apply some Magicfix, if it exists
3) since it acts like its Read-only, is this a Xp registry fix?
4) is it not getting enough power, therefore a separate power supply
is necessary?
5)

The system is a HP Pentium 4 business system with a 340 watt power suppy, and Windows XP Sp3 with all updates. I haven't tried to fix this yet because I wanted to consult with you here. I've looked around for issues involving contact lists (since this was purchased 1st week of September-have also considered the software update of August 20th), and similar (read-only) situations only to come up blank. Any ideas I thank you for in advance. Great forum, by the way.
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Try signing out and back in. You will find it under the menu.

Hope this helps.

Ernie
Aderlass
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Signing in to Magicjack allowed access to contact list

Thanks Ernie,

I tried what you suggested. I signed in to Magicjack and complete functionality returned. I was able to manually add to my contact list and add to contacts from the call list. Thks again for your helpful suggestion. This issue is closed.
pbjandfritos
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject:

You're welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: