Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack and Brinks home alarm system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DodgeVader
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: MagicJack and Brinks home alarm system.

I was having an issue about 4 months after my landline was disconnected. The brinks alarm wasnt able to dial out and update the system. I would get a red 'trouble' light on my keypad and it would beep constantly until i hit the cancel button, that would shut it up for 24 hours. This went on for about 3 weeks and Brinks wanted to charge me $75 for a service call plus parts and labor to try and fix it. I was half tempted to get a cheap landline, but then after hours of searching forums, I found the solution for me.

On the top of my main brinks hub, there is a phone line box stuck to it. I opened the box and put the red wire on the yellow terminal, and the yellow on the red. Then I did the same swap with green and black wires. I was finally able to put my brinks alarm in test mode with success! I even saw the 1-800 number it dialed on my magicjack software. This however didnt turn my red trouble light off. But about 3 hours later it made the call out and in passing, I noticed the red light was off! A complete success!

I should also mention that i have a line to a wall outlet in my home connected to the magicjack, to give all outlets access to phone service.

Sure a landline is more secure when relying on alarm monitoring, but at least i got the dang trouble beep to stop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: