Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack and cordless phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Headrc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Magicjack and cordless phone

Hi all ...I just got magicjack ....have it hooked up to a Mac. All works well with a regular landline phone. But I want to use it with a Panasonic 2.4ghz cordless phone. So far it will not work. Already spent time with Magicjack support, downloaded new software etc. ...it still does not work ....and all they say is it should. So can anyone help here ....will Magicjack work with a cordless phone? Thank you for any help you can give. RH
Atari Man
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Ive had my MJ hooked up to a VTECH 5.8 gigahertz cordless since the first day I got it and never had a problem with it.
tomahawk1
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject:

i got my MJ about 1 month ago, its on a cordless all is well so far.
Huhenyo
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject:

Do you have your cordless dock next to a wireless router/modem? if you do, try moving the dock at least 5 feet away. Sometimes the 2.4 Ghz phones and wireless internet will interfer with each other.
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Magicjack and cordless phone

Headrc wrote:
Hi all ...I just got magicjack ....have it hooked up to a Mac. All works well with a regular landline phone. But I want to use it with a Panasonic 2.4ghz cordless phone. So far it will not work. Already spent time with Magicjack support, downloaded new software etc. ...it still does not work ....and all they say is it should. So can anyone help here ....will Magicjack work with a cordless phone? Thank you for any help you can give. RH

Is your dongle hooked up to a powered usb hub? Did you get a dial tone? Did you verify that your MJ was registered with the proxy server before you made you call (you need wireshark to see it)?
Headrc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Yes the phone hub is near the router ....so I will try moving it ...hopefully that is it. Everything else suggested to be checked out I have checked and everything is set up properly. When I use the wireless ....I get a dial tone but then when I dial MJ attempts to dial out and then immediately ends the call and I get a dial tone again. I will try moving the hub for the phone ....those who do have the wireless working ....are any of yours near a wireless router? Thx again, RH
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Headrc wrote:
Yes the phone hub is near the router ....so I will try moving it ...hopefully that is it. Everything else suggested to be checked out I have checked and everything is set up properly. When I use the wireless ....I get a dial tone but then when I dial MJ attempts to dial out and then immediately ends the call and I get a dial tone again. I will try moving the hub for the phone ....those who do have the wireless working ....are any of yours near a wireless router? Thx again, RH

My Uniden cordless phone base is sitting right next to the wireless router. It has been working fine since day one.
delljim
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Magic Jack and Cordless phone

I am 5 ft away and thought my problem was with the router interference, but found out it was my CELL PHONE, which interferred with the Cordless base. I now use my cell phone in a different room and all is well (For now)
Headrc
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Well ...the cell phone was the culprit. I am also trying out a Samsung cell phone extender ......and it is near the cordless phone hub. When I unplugged it .....voila the cordless phone worked with MJ ....thanks again for all the help ....RH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: