Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack and Gizmo5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffreytp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: MagicJack and Gizmo5

I have a magicjack usb device and would like to know if I can use it with my Gizmo5 account allowing me to answer Gizmo5 calls through my regular phone that is connected to the MagicJack device. I do not want to use MJ's service.
desidude2000
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject:

never tried it but you could probably login to your gizmo account, and forward all your gizmo calls to the magicjack number.
jeffreytp
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject:

desidude2000 wrote:
never tried it but you could probably login to your gizmo account, and forward all your gizmo calls to the magicjack number.

I do not want to use the MJ service, just their USB adapter
stufried
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Magicjack uses the standard Tiger Jet chipset and most VOIP programs will recognize it to the extent that you can use a standard handset to talk to people. You can get Skype going nearly perfectly with an old Tiger Jet program still available on many secondary websites. I've been pulling my hair out my head to get it to work with Eyebeam beyond what I've said.
VoipDude
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject:

See my sticky in this forum:

http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/how-to-use-the-magicjack-with-skype-and-a-cordless-phone-t5945.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: