Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack and Google Voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbrogna
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: MagicJack and Google Voice

I am a big user of Google Voice and I just purchased a Magic Jack. The Magic Jack works surprisingly well but when I try to forward my google voice number to the the MJ it does not ring. Does this work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Greg
redpepper
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I don't have a direct solution to fix your problem if you have your magicJack phone number set up correctly in your Google Voice account.

An indirect solution that will move you forward is to switch your magicJack dongle completely over to Google Voice by installing the GVJackApp. This solution bypasses the magicJack network altogether and Google Voice calls will be routed directly to your magicJack dongle and the phone that is connected to it. You also get real voice mail waiting notification on your phone and caller name display capabilities.

You can always try it out free for a few days and if you want to switch back just close the GVJackApp and unplug and plug your magicJack back in again.
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MagicJack and Google Voice

gbrogna wrote:
I am a big user of Google Voice and I just purchased a Magic Jack. The Magic Jack works surprisingly well but when I try to forward my google voice number to the the MJ it does not ring. Does this work? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Greg

- It *should* work; this is the first time I've ever heard of this *not* working. I *do* know there are times when one GV feature or another doesn't seem to work/is temporarily non-operational (this has been reported by many GV users)
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject:

Are you talking about when you initially try to set up MJ as the number GV will ring?

Before I let my MJ expire in Nov (they are still forwarding my old number to GV...the knuckleheads), I played around with GV on my MJ a lot, with a couple of GV numbers.

I would periodically have a TON of problems getting my MJ to ring for the GV authentication number, then it would go away and allow me to tie my GV # into my MJ #, but then would come back again. If that is your issue, I would suggest that you continue trying it, at least for a week or so before you give up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: