Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
magicJack and Pocket PC can it work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mil3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: magicJack and Pocket PC can it work?

How can I have the magicJack work with my pocket pc? I have windows mobile 6.1 on it. thanks.
evilmonkey1987
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject:

I seriously doubt it. First of all, there's no USB port to plug MJ into. Second of all, you'd need a constant wi-fi connection. It could probably be done as a proof of concept, but nothing that would be workable at this point.
stroths
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject:

Regarding Microsoft operating systems, MJ only supports XP and Vista. Windows Mobile is not supported and won't work. If it did, you would also need a special driver to make the USB port on it work as a host rather than a client, providing your phone has some sort of USB port like mine does (i.e. mini USB). Lastly, you would need either a 3g or wifi Internet connection.

The only feasible possibility would be to do it without the MJ hardware. In other words, using your SIP info which isn't going to be easy unless you really know what you are doing. I've never tried it myself as I don't have the need, but others have decoded that info.
ssssss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Magic jack on Pocket PC

Yes it can be done. The only thing is that you can not plug the magic jack in the Tel/PPC. The only thing you will need is a Soft Phone for WM5/6 and your SIP credentials. You can use FRING as a softphone.
Zynergi
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject:

How well will it work using a EVDO connection with your cellphone set as a modem on your laptop. I know just use your Cell, but this is for another purpose that I would need another device to make a verified call, where an active landline is not available1. I don't care about making a 30 minute call, just a simple 1 minute call w/o voice.
crackerjack
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: EVDO=HIGH LATENCY

Zynergi wrote:
How well will it work using a EVDO connection with your cellphone set as a modem on your laptop. I know just use your Cell, but this is for another purpose that I would need another device to make a verified call, where an active landline is not available1. I don't care about making a 30 minute call, just a simple 1 minute call w/o voice.

As a normal course we tend to see very high latency on EVDO circuits, 400-500 ms is not unusual.

Test from your laptop tethered to your EVDO and run
testmyvoip.com Dig into the details to see about your total performance
dishem
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I've gotten Windows Mobile to natively work with SIP. You have to install a couple cabs first. One is a voip_driver.cab, another is MajikVoip.cab, and finally some kind of configuration utility to create the proper XML file. Someone made one called SetupVoip. It's not perfect, though, and I have never tried it with MagicJack.
kumar
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I ran my MJ with SIP details on my iPhone (1st gen non-3g) and it worked fine.... I am pretty sure you can find some app for windows mobile that will work with it. All you need is SIP creds and a softphone for windows mobile and you should be good....

Kumar

<Kumar is back!>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
neo2121
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/download-fring.html
I use this one on my Ipaq 6945
ssssss
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Mobile VOIp

I have a HTC with WM6 3G working perfectly with MG. I use fring VOIP software. No special or additional software needed. Just put your sip info and you are good to go!
hype8912
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Yes it does work. I used it on my HTC Kaiser/Att Tilt.

You need HSDPA or 3G data connection unless you plan to use it over wifi which is what I did since we don't have 3G in my area.

I was able to test it in St. Louis over HSDPA and it was just as clear as my cell phone.
Mil3
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: I got the SIP what next?

Ok, so I have the SIP info. How do I set it? What software do I use? If I use Fring, what should I put there? I'm using AT&T Tilt with full bars 3G/HSDPA, I have WM 6.1 on my phone.

I'm also using the magicJack softphone with my laptop (CF-29) in my car(I left the USB at home), I have the AT&T Option GT MAX with unlimit plan and it's sound perfect when I'm in route (3-5 3G bars). How is it sound with the Pocket PC? Please help me to setup the SIP in my phone I can't wait to try it. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: