Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack and Windows 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keezie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: MagicJack and Windows 7

hi, i had MJ running fine on my Vista machine. no problems whatsoever. but since i've upgraded to Win7 i can't get it to work correctly at all. i've had success a couple of times, but i don't even know how

MJ is installed, the "one minute of patience" splash appears every time i boot up, or remove and reinsert the device. i've installed the win7 update, and the 2 drives are visible in "my computer" but i can't seem to get it to actually run. no dial pad, no icon in the taskbar.

i have randomly received the "plug MJ into usb" error, but since installing the Win7 update i don't recall getting it anymore

i also get an annoying autoplay popup everytime i reinsert the device

i've done a search here and haven't seen anyone else mention problems on Windows 7. any ideas?
Keezie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject:

okay, the search here didn't help me, but a google search led me back to a thread on this site that i didn't see previously

i reformatted my magicjack, and installed the win7 update without unplugging. still no luck

BUT, i did find out that by opening MJ via the desktop icon, i finally got the "starting magicjack" loading bar to appear and the dialer came up!

now i'm just having a hell of a time remembering my user/pass for the damn thing

still though, is there a way to auto run without having to manually click the icon every time i restart?
magicFox
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject:

I had this same problem when I got my MJ, I already was using Win7 but it didnt have the Win7 Update/Flash yet, Thats the problem here.

After fiddling and reading I found out what to do. Unplug your MJ device.

Goto folder:

/AppData/Roaming/

Delete the folder /mjusbsp

Plug MJ back in, Walla ! (sometimes it does take uptoo a min for the dialer to pop up but most of the time its pretty fast.) If this doesnt work just run the setup each time manually by executing the file setup1.exe in the /mjusbsp/Upgrade *Folder*

Also a FYI, After the Win7 MJ Update/Flash I did a test I re-installed Win7 a nice new clean install, Once All my drivers and such were all installed correctly, I Plugged the MJ device in on a fresh Win7 install, BAM works like a charm !! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: