Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

When computer is connected to router I can make calls just fine. Once the first call comes in, no other calls can be made out or in. Incoming go direct to voicemail and outgoing go back to dial tone. While on the incoming call the MJ screen shows PENDING ACK. If I do not use the router then all is well on both outgoing and incoming calls. Hope someone can help because I need to use the router.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject:

When you are having this problem can your hosting PC do other things on the public internet? Or, must you reboot the PC to get anything going again? Have you already tried to "fix" your problem by making changes in your router? If so, what have you done? What firmware version is running in your router?

The more details you care to provide about the configuration of your environment and the symptoms you are observing, the better the chances are that someone here can begin to understand your problem and help you to solve your problem.
olzoot
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. FIRST call is success. SUBSEQUENT calls are failure. Same as OP. Help! I want mj to work for me!!!!
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Then, olzoot, you get to answer the same questions as phillip if you expect anybody to begin to understand your problem.
phillip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

Thanks for coming back to me. The router is standard. I only added wireless configuration. I cloned the mac but have tried it both ways. The mtu is set to 1400 and I have tried auto. I have also tried without the firewall on.????
phillip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

Sorry but yes I can browse the internet while MJ is up and running. I only have to restart MJ to recieve another call. I can call out as much as I want but after the first call in there will be on out bound and all inbound go direct to voicemail. Am using Firmware Version: v4.71.4 Starting IP addr is 192.168.1.125 on the router. Routers ip addr is 192.168.1.1
[email protected]
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I had the exact same problem until I bought a powered hub. Now I have the exact opposite problem. Outgoing calls are choppy after restarting MJ UNTIL I receive a call. Then it works properly from that point on. I guess that's progress.
mberlant
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject:

phillip,

First of all, don't worry about a cloned MAC address. That is to fool your cable company; MJ doesn't care.

As for your call quality, are you using a cordless phone? Sometimes if the wireless router and the cordless base station are too near each other they will clobber each other. Also, the shielding on the MJ, like everything else, is the minimum necessary to comply with FCC regulations. Make sure that anything that radiates EMF (wireless router, cordless phone, fluorescent lamp, etc.) is dressed away from the MJ dongle.

Good luck.
phillip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

I have a powered hub. Have tried using it also. I set the router back to it's factory defaults and got the same results. The MJ will not make any outbound or receveive any inbound calls after the first inbound call is answered. Without the router the MJ works just great. I hope to take it to a friends house and try it from his network.
phillip
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Magicjack and wrt54gs v2

Sorry. Am using a corded phone. I also try without a phone attached to the MJ and get the same results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: