Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack APP available now at the Appstore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulc21269
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: magic jack app

It must work off phones serial number or imei number. I reformated phone and restored it , I change my itunes account, still didnt change.
FriskyKid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: iPod Touch Microphone

Matt9876 wrote:
To use the MJ app on an Itouch, upgrade to iOS5, turn on push notifications only for the MJ app, You must attach the microphone/headset to make it a phone.

MJ app works in foreground or background, sounds nice and clear Smile

I don't have the Touch yet but may order for my Filipina girlfriend. My question is: Does the package include both ear buds AND the microphone?

Keith
SSF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: iPod Touch Microphone

FriskyKid wrote:

I don't have the Touch yet but may order for my Filipina girlfriend. My question is: Does the package include both ear buds AND the microphone?

Keith
SSF

The ear buds and microphone come with the ipod touch, not MJ or MJ+. If she had a 8GB ipod, it probably came with just the ear buds. The ear buds/microphone were included with the 16GB and 32GB ipods. They can always be pruchased seperately, but all genuine Apple acessories are pricy.
nightstryke
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Honestly the iPhone and iOS is great and all, but I am disappointed in the fact that they didn't expand to android and winphone7. It just seems like they're only catering to the mac crowd with this and not much else. An Android app would most likely get a hell of a lot more exposure than just iOS, but that's just my opinion so take it at face value.
stillsearching
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject:

I wonder if this app has any of the (apparent?) spyware like activity or other questionable activity that the PC versions do? >_<
Proskydiver34
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: how to delete magicjack app account from iphone

The Iphone has its own serial number, and when downloading the magic jack app it attaches itself to the that number so that you may not download multiple apps for different lines. Even if you get a new magic jack the iphone will attach itself to your old number, and the only way you can get rid of it is to ..... delete the app and update your phone to a different ios upgrade, or a lower version. That will delete the footprint that comes with the app copying the serial number to your Iphone. Worked for me hope it helps. Cheers!!!
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject:

This lAst post is not accurate. You can attach your IOS device to any number on your account. Read this post and follow the directions exactly on how they are written.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/number-ported-successfully-however-t11882.html
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject:

APP For Andoid is now available at PLAY STORE!!!
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject:

This is BIG NEWS! My recommendation to Android users might be to sign up using your existing MJ+ phone number and not use a new number to avoid some headaches that the iphone users encountered. I have an iphone and I signed using my existing MJ+ account and everything works fine. The only problem I have experienced using my iphone is connectivity issues where I hear a lot of static and poor call quality which I think is more of my service thru Virgin Mobile. I hope you Android users get better results. I curious to hear how it goes. Overall, I'm satisfied with the app for iphone.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject:

I agree that this is big news. Just note:
Requires Android 2.3 and up
from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magicjack&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tYWdpY2phY2siXQ..

I don't find this to be very surprising.

Keith, whose Androids are 2.2
SteveHC
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
To use the MJ app on an Itouch, upgrade to iOS5, turn on push notifications only for the MJ app, You must attach the microphone/headset to make it a phone.

MJ app works in foreground or background, sounds nice and clear Smile

You do NOT need to attach a microphone/headset to an iPod Touch (4th gen) to make it function as a MJ phone. The upper-rear speaker will effectively serve as the "earpiece" and the built-in mic will serve as the phone mic... but you'll need to turn down the iPod's volume to avoid feedback.
greenman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles jack wrote:
This is BIG NEWS! My recommendation to Android users might be to sign up using your existing MJ+ phone number and not use a new number to avoid some headaches that the iphone users encountered. I have an iphone and I signed using my existing MJ+ account and everything works fine. The only problem I have experienced using my iphone is connectivity issues where I hear a lot of static and poor call quality which I think is more of my service thru Virgin Mobile. I hope you Android users get better results. I curious to hear how it goes. Overall, I'm satisfied with the app for iphone.
I can confirm that you can use your existing number on the Android app. It's called 'Talk Free', but I ended up having to search on 'magicjack' to actually find it on the play store. It installed quickly and easily. I was able to install using my existing number. Thanks for the tip. I'll have more feedback as I start using the app.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I have noticed that the iphone app works great when my iphone has wi-fi connectivity but when it is connected to 3G service (Virgin Mobile) the reception is horrible on both my end and the other person's side (they can barely hear me and I can barely hear them due to extreme staticky reception). Every other word seems to get broken up. I think this could be because of the 3G service I'm getting thru Virgin Mobile (youtube videos and other streaming videos on 3G thru Virgin Mobile's service is really slow). Anyone else experience this extremely poor call quality when using 3G connectivity when using the app?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject:

3G is usually too slow and inconsistent for VOIP, including MJ. In most locales, the app is really only good on 4G or WiFi. This is why the description of both the iOS and Android versions (in iTunes' App Store and Google Play's App store respectively) specifically state that only 4G and WiFi are recommended.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject:

Thanks SteveHC, that confirms it. I just went back and re-read the app requirements and sure enough it says 4G or wifi recommended.
ztones
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth mic not working

HTC Incredible, gingerbread 2.3.5 with Motorola HX1 bluetooth

My bluetooth mic does not work with android app. Speaker works, but not the mic. In other words, I can hear the other party but they can't hear me. Strange...I would assume it either supports bluetooth or it does not all together. Anyone else?
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PLEASE NOTE: Your Device Subscription for "IPHONE" is EXPIRING SOON, on 12/31/2012. Renew Subscription Now

I got the above message in my account. My understanding was that the iphone app was free. Will there be a charge for the iphone app in 2013? I haven't tried renewing it for fears they will charge me. Does anyone have information about this?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject:

Even if you have a free or no-extra-charge App "subscription," it has an "expiration" date and you have to go online before that date to add another (free) year to it - and when you do, you must still go into your account's online "shopping cart" to "checkout" and finalize the free renewal.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Okay thanks SteveHC, I will do it before it expires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: