Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack APP available now at the Appstore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Magicjack APP available now at the Appstore

Breaking news!!!

Magicjack App is available now for download at the apple appstore!!!
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject:

WOW.....Downloading !!

Got It !!! Smile

Making Calls Very Happy

Awesome !!! Thank You !

Put it on my old MJ account, Still have three years on it.

This will change my world, no dongle,no phone,no laptop,no computer bag.

Last edited by Matt9876 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
nailgunner
MagicJack Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm kind of stunned. The way I was reading it, it sounded to me like this was one of those "in the future" promises that MJ is famous for, that take forever to show up. Certainly didn't expect to see it this soon after the launch of the Plus.
Pablo123
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject:

They must be feeling the heat from netTALK
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Only works for outgoing calls but does allow you to access your voice mail.

All my MJ and Iphone contacts are listed, real nice.
noodler2
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject:

Inbound is working for me now. It wasn't working earlier but is now. Very cool app!
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Link for the app

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-calls-with-magicjack/id463926997?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
Only works for outgoing calls but does allow you to access your voice mail.

All my MJ and Iphone contacts are listed, real nice.

It works for both incoming and outgoing calls. You can choose to have incoming calls forwarded to either the dongle or your mobile app.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject:

luigi2008 wrote:

It works for both incoming and outgoing calls. You can choose to have incoming calls forwarded to either the dongle or your mobile app.

Where/ how do you make that selection ?

I own a third gen Itouch.

FYI: Out going call reports wrong caller ID information.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Just got a bill for $0.00 for putting my old MJ phone number in the Apple MJ app.

Order Summary

Qty Product Code Description Price Each Subtotal Charge Date
1 SMARTPHONEPLANFREE Smartphone Basic Plan 0.00 0.00 09/27/2011
--------------------------
ORDER TOTAL: 0.00

Your credit card will be charged on or after the following date(s) for the amounts listed below.

09/27/2011 0.00
scotty200

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Matt9876 what a deal $0.00 on your card hehe good ole Dan Laughing
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
luigi2008 wrote:

Where/ how do you make that selection ?

I own a third gen Itouch.

FYI: Out going call reports wrong caller ID information.

Log in to your MagicJack account. Go to My Subscription tab where you can change incoming calls forwarding.

Once the app was setup on the iTouch, incoming calls are forwarded to iTouch app by default.
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, found all the different selections for incoming and out going calls My device and the MJ dongle.

Changed them a few different times and still no incoming calls on the Itouch, my buddies Iphone works both ways.
g.factor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject:

It works great
but unfortunately I signed in as a free user to try it but now I cant sign in with my existing MJ number, it tells me Your account is not on this device.

Anyone had the same problem? Rolling Eyes
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Just delete the app and reinstall to change accounts.
a19120
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I used my brother magickjack account on my iPhone and I like it so I signup for my own magicjack account. But when I sign in using my magicjack account, it says "Your device is not on this account".
I did delete and reinstall the app but still not able to log in using my magicjack account.
I already chat with magicjack rep but no help. She asked me to restore my iPhone. Any hep please!!! Thanks.
luigi2008
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:
Thanks, found all the different selections for incoming and out going calls My device and the MJ dongle.

Changed them a few different times and still no incoming calls on the Itouch, my buddies Iphone works both ways.

Is yours iTouch 4?
g.factor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Deleting the app then re-installing it wont do it.

MJ customer service have no idea about anything and cannot resolve it.

I'm even wondering, if you lost or bought a new iphone what are you suppose to do?! try logging in on different device with your email and pass and you will get "YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ON THIS DEVICE"
a19120
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I tried to restore my iphone 4 but it is still not working.
g.factor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject:

a19120 wrote:

The problem is not from the iphone, its on the MJ servers, i even tried to request to delete and remove my account from their servers so i can log-in with my other account. but they cant or dont know how to do it! Exclamation
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject:

g.factor wrote:
a19120 wrote:

The problem is not from the iphone, its on the MJ servers, i even tried to request to delete and remove my account from their servers so i can log-in with my other account. but they cant or dont know how to do it! Exclamation

If it's on the MJ servers, I think a clue to how to fix this issue is to cancel the:"SMARTPHONEPLANFREE Smartphone Basic Plan"

Order Summary

Qty Product Code Description Price Each Subtotal Charge Date
1 SMARTPHONEPLANFREE Smartphone Basic Plan 0.00

I have not done this nor intend to do so,delete the MJ app, start a type chat help session with Magic jack support, ask for billing, have them cancel the basic smart phone plan,download the app and set up a new account.
g.factor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject:

After 1 hour chatting with them and changing 3 agents, they will report this as top priority to the engineers since the forget button does not really do anything and make u stuck on 1 account.

We'll see if they come out with an update on the App store soon! Cool
attEradicator
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: MJ Plus and iPhone app - incoming calls

I have MJPlus service. I have IPHONE APP. I elect to use existing MJPlus account to 'send and receive calls' on the APP. On the MJ Website it shows Inbound/Outbound enabled for both. I phone my number but the App does not ring, just the MJ Plus. Anyone have a better experience?

Don't make me post the MJ Support Chat Log;)
g.factor
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MJ Plus and iPhone app - incoming calls

attEradicator wrote:
I have MJPlus service. I have IPHONE APP. I elect to use existing MJPlus account to 'send and receive calls' on the APP. On the MJ Website it shows Inbound/Outbound enabled for both. I phone my number but the App does not ring, just the MJ Plus. Anyone have a better experience?

Don't make me post the MJ Support Chat Log;)

LOL I didnt want to post the support chat neither..But I saved it.
JREED
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: MJ Call Forwarding is stopped working:

I am also having the same problem...

I have installed Talk Free MagicJack from iTunes on my two iPhones and I selected my current MJ Phone number with my userid and password but it did not work at all. Both iPhones are saying connecting but cannot dial out, however, when calls come in then iPhone rings with caller id display with Close and Answer button but when I pressed Answer it doesn't do anything. I cannot even dial out from both iPhones either. I have removed and re-installed MJ Talk Free apps several times on iPhones but it still does not work.
When I select Account on my MJ Talk Free app on my iPhone and then tap on Advanced and then tap on Forget me on this device, this feature is not working at all also.

I had my MJ phone number Call Forwarded to my land line phone and this worked perfectly fine for the past 6 months without any problems, but this stopped working after installing MJ Free Talk on my iPhones. The moment I forwarded my # to my iPhone app the incoming/outgoing calls on my landline were affected and were stopped. I am talking to MJ Live Chat Support for the past 3 to 4 days but they keep saying I will get advice via EMAIL from their TOP Engineers regarding Call Forwarding and I am still waiting. They keep giving me answers in circles. I don't use my MJ connected to my PC to send or receive calls but rather I have magic jack forwarded to my landline (FreePhoneLine.ca) with LinkSys PAP2T adapter.

I don't care if this MJ Talk Free works or not, I have decided not to use this feature. There is so many free Talkatone and netTalk available that work perfectly.

Thanks
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:

To use the MJ app on an Itouch, upgrade to iOS5, turn on push notifications only for the MJ app, You must attach the microphone/headset to make it a phone.

MJ app works in foreground or background, sounds nice and clear Smile
KuMn2GeTyA
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: G.Factor

I did the same thing but with my old MJ number Got my new MJP and now i cant use it on my iPhone. they say at customer service its a 1 time register per phone forever. Did u figure anything out as of now?
KuMn2GeTyA
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject:

WE ALL HAVING THE SAME STUPID PROBLEM . BETTER OFF WATCHING GRASS GROW
skynet
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: iphone apps

[quote="g.factor"]After 1 hour chatting with them and changing 3 agents, they will report this as top priority to the engineers since the forget button does not really do anything and make u stuck on 1 account.

We'll see if they come out with an update on the App store soon! 8)[/quote]

Same problem her this is BS.Just a simple button delete a subscription on
the acc will do it ,this guys are making millions on this magic jack deal and the software is so cheap and confusing they need to come up with a solution for this and give us the ability to use any acc we want to thanks.
Z0RrO
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: You have to be kidding me!

Same problem here. Reported the problem to their live agent but they seems more unqualified to fully understand the problem here. When they start to understand the problematic, what they say is : "This is a normal behaviour". I have Skype installed on my iPhone and I can switch account at will. This is also true for MSN. This is even true for my email account!

"Forget this device" is not working. FINAL

If you know someone who has a MJ number and is willing to use it with this iPhone, a good prank is to download the MJ app and register for a free number. He won't be able to use his MJ number over his iPhone. Nice prank ever!

Until they fix this issue, I will try to get their attention but ranking their app on the iTunes. Does any know any contact info where I can actually submit this issue ?

Thanks
paulc21269
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: magic jack app

It must work off phones serial number or imei number. I reformated phone and restored it , I change my itunes account, still didnt change.
FriskyKid
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: iPod Touch Microphone

Matt9876 wrote:
To use the MJ app on an Itouch, upgrade to iOS5, turn on push notifications only for the MJ app, You must attach the microphone/headset to make it a phone.

I don't have the Touch yet but may order for my Filipina girlfriend. My question is: Does the package include both ear buds AND the microphone?

Keith
SSF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
toyfountain
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: iPod Touch Microphone

FriskyKid wrote:

I don't have the Touch yet but may order for my Filipina girlfriend. My question is: Does the package include both ear buds AND the microphone?

Keith
SSF

The ear buds and microphone come with the ipod touch, not MJ or MJ+. If she had a 8GB ipod, it probably came with just the ear buds. The ear buds/microphone were included with the 16GB and 32GB ipods. They can always be pruchased seperately, but all genuine Apple acessories are pricy.
nightstryke
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Honestly the iPhone and iOS is great and all, but I am disappointed in the fact that they didn't expand to android and winphone7. It just seems like they're only catering to the mac crowd with this and not much else. An Android app would most likely get a hell of a lot more exposure than just iOS, but that's just my opinion so take it at face value.
stillsearching
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject:

I wonder if this app has any of the (apparent?) spyware like activity or other questionable activity that the PC versions do? >_<
Proskydiver34
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: how to delete magicjack app account from iphone

The Iphone has its own serial number, and when downloading the magic jack app it attaches itself to the that number so that you may not download multiple apps for different lines. Even if you get a new magic jack the iphone will attach itself to your old number, and the only way you can get rid of it is to ..... delete the app and update your phone to a different ios upgrade, or a lower version. That will delete the footprint that comes with the app copying the serial number to your Iphone. Worked for me hope it helps. Cheers!!!
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject:

This lAst post is not accurate. You can attach your IOS device to any number on your account. Read this post and follow the directions exactly on how they are written.
http://www.phoneservicesupport.com/number-ported-successfully-however-t11882.html
xxxemofreakxxx
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject:

APP For Andoid is now available at PLAY STORE!!!
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject:

This is BIG NEWS! My recommendation to Android users might be to sign up using your existing MJ+ phone number and not use a new number to avoid some headaches that the iphone users encountered. I have an iphone and I signed using my existing MJ+ account and everything works fine. The only problem I have experienced using my iphone is connectivity issues where I hear a lot of static and poor call quality which I think is more of my service thru Virgin Mobile. I hope you Android users get better results. I curious to hear how it goes. Overall, I'm satisfied with the app for iphone.
kedwards
MagicJack User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject:

I agree that this is big news. Just note:
Requires Android 2.3 and up
from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magicjack&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tYWdpY2phY2siXQ..

I don't find this to be very surprising.

Keith, whose Androids are 2.2
SteveHC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject:

Matt9876 wrote:

You do NOT need to attach a microphone/headset to an iPod Touch (4th gen) to make it function as a MJ phone. The upper-rear speaker will effectively serve as the "earpiece" and the built-in mic will serve as the phone mic... but you'll need to turn down the iPod's volume to avoid feedback.
greenman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject:

Los Angeles jack wrote:
This is BIG NEWS! My recommendation to Android users might be to sign up using your existing MJ+ phone number and not use a new number to avoid some headaches that the iphone users encountered. I have an iphone and I signed using my existing MJ+ account and everything works fine. The only problem I have experienced using my iphone is connectivity issues where I hear a lot of static and poor call quality which I think is more of my service thru Virgin Mobile. I hope you Android users get better results. I curious to hear how it goes. Overall, I'm satisfied with the app for iphone.
I can confirm that you can use your existing number on the Android app. It's called 'Talk Free', but I ended up having to search on 'magicjack' to actually find it on the play store. It installed quickly and easily. I was able to install using my existing number. Thanks for the tip. I'll have more feedback as I start using the app.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I have noticed that the iphone app works great when my iphone has wi-fi connectivity but when it is connected to 3G service (Virgin Mobile) the reception is horrible on both my end and the other person's side (they can barely hear me and I can barely hear them due to extreme staticky reception). Every other word seems to get broken up. I think this could be because of the 3G service I'm getting thru Virgin Mobile (youtube videos and other streaming videos on 3G thru Virgin Mobile's service is really slow). Anyone else experience this extremely poor call quality when using 3G connectivity when using the app?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject:

3G is usually too slow and inconsistent for VOIP, including MJ. In most locales, the app is really only good on 4G or WiFi. This is why the description of both the iOS and Android versions (in iTunes' App Store and Google Play's App store respectively) specifically state that only 4G and WiFi are recommended.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject:

Thanks SteveHC, that confirms it. I just went back and re-read the app requirements and sure enough it says 4G or wifi recommended.
ztones
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth mic not working

HTC Incredible, gingerbread 2.3.5 with Motorola HX1 bluetooth

My bluetooth mic does not work with android app. Speaker works, but not the mic. In other words, I can hear the other party but they can't hear me. Strange...I would assume it either supports bluetooth or it does not all together. Anyone else?
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PLEASE NOTE: Your Device Subscription for "IPHONE" is EXPIRING SOON, on 12/31/2012. Renew Subscription Now

I got the above message in my account. My understanding was that the iphone app was free. Will there be a charge for the iphone app in 2013? I haven't tried renewing it for fears they will charge me. Does anyone have information about this?
SteveHC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject:

Even if you have a free or no-extra-charge App "subscription," it has an "expiration" date and you have to go online before that date to add another (free) year to it - and when you do, you must still go into your account's online "shopping cart" to "checkout" and finalize the free renewal.
Los Angeles jack
MagicJack Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Okay thanks SteveHC, I will do it before it expires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Plus Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: