Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Magicjack app on two iphones, using same account/number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firefly8419
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Magicjack app on two iphones, using same account/number

can I install magicjack app on two iPhones at the same time?

if so, will both phones ring when my magicjack number is called? I basically want to use an old iPhone 3GS as a 'home' Phone and my iPhone 4s as a phone I travel with.

Thanks in advance [/img]
Matt9876
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:

It should work but once you assign an Iphone to a MJ number it's permanent , It can not be changed !

You have to get it right the first time you run the MagicJack app on your phones or it always turns into a mess.

You have to activate push notifications for the MagicJack app to get incoming phone calls.

Good Luck!
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject:

Well that's terrible, there is no way around this? I just ported my number over after test driving this and the main magicjack changed but my two IPOD Touches still have the old number. Does anyone have any recommendations to get this changed?
shleets
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Well I figured it out and it does work, not sure what gadget I like better this or the eye-fi card. Here's the info that everyone has been looking for..

Select your MJ or MJ + plus account under your subscriptions do not select your Iphone or IPOD it has to be your MJ or MJ+.

Then select change your phone number.

Then click on the subscription you want to change. It does not look like you can click on this but you can it will turn blue.

Hit next and select your number.

Hit next until finished.

Launch your Iphone APP it will initilaize and your new number will appear.

I tested both inbound and outbound and works like a champ.

I guess this goes back to the old saying RTFS....

Good Luck everyone and MJ your awesome....
mjplus2000
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject:

shleets wrote:
Well I figured it out and it does work, not sure what gadget I like better this or the eye-fi card. Here's the info that everyone has been looking for..

Good deal. Mj chat will tell you it can't be done. Once again, this forum knows more than they do about their own product. Very Happy
Mjsaz
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps I'm missing something. I too have an iPhone 3s and an iPod touch. The app works fine on the touch and I can make calls on the iPhone but the iPhone does not ring or in any other way notify me of a call. I can't find any place to push notifications. Not in the app nor under 'notifications'. What am I missing? Thanks!

Mike

shleets wrote:

Select your MJ or MJ + plus account under your subscriptions do not select your Iphone or IPOD it has to be your MJ or MJ+.

Then select change your phone number.

Then click on the subscription you want to change. It does not look like you can click on this but you can it will turn blue.

Hit next and select your number.

Hit next until finished.

Launch your Iphone APP it will initilaize and your new number will appear.

I tested both inbound and outbound and works like a champ.

I guess this goes back to the old saying RTFS....

Good Luck everyone and MJ your awesome....
New2MJ2014
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Found an easy fix

The other posts in this thread are 2+ years old, but in case anyone stumbles across this needing it now...

All you need to do is log into the magicjack website, login, and click the Account tab. If you created a new phone number for the iPhone, like I did, you can simply click on the arrow button next to the iPhone number and select what number you'd like to use with it from the drop down menu.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: