Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Application won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harsh324
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: MagicJack Application won't start

When I try to start the MagicJack application by double clicking on the shortcut on my desktop it says "Starting MagicJack, Please Wait...." and the status goes about 3/4 way and then just disappears. Nothing happens after that. I tried formatting and looking at the processes, there one process running mjsetup.exe after that screen disappears, but it is not doing anything. Does anybody have any suggestions, I could use any help anybody could offer.
lasvegasrichie
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: down load this and follow instructions

http://www.magicjack.com/site/downloads/mjrecover_setup.exe

it resets magicjacks settings. i just used it and it said after you doadload and run this to unplug your mjack then plug it back in and it reinstalls everything again.. it worked for me!!! craig
harsh324
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: down load this and follow instructions

lasvegasrichie wrote:
http://www.magicjack.com/site/downloads/mjrecover_setup.exe

it resets magicjacks settings. i just used it and it said after you doadload and run this to unplug your mjack then plug it back in and it reinstalls everything again.. it worked for me!!! craig

Right now my computer is screwed up, but as soon as I have that fixed I will try this out. Thank you.
boa
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: How to start MagicJack after reboot XP

After the last upgrade MJ will not start at bootup (or reboot). The desktop icon does nothing. Go to windows explorer and get the the MagicJack "Drive" then click on "Autorun.exe". This will start MJ.
harsh324
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I still have the same problem. It gets to about 50% and then just disappears. Don't know whats going on, I tried all the things posted in this topic.
mb
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:

Is the "screwed up" fixed? If not, what's wrong?
harsh324
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Yes the screwed up is fixed, I had to reformat my computer (which is done now), but still no luck with MagicJack. Am I missing drivers or something else thats needed for magicJack to work?
mb
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject:

(You shouldn't have to double-click to start it up, it's supposed to start automatically. )
Without details of your system, the imagination could run amok: maybe a firewall that doesn't speak up much.
How many USB sockets are in use? With what devices?
Do other USB devices work okay when you plug them in?
What procedure do you use when unplugging a flash drive?
harsh324
MagicJack Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Well it does run automatically when I insert the MagicJack into the USB port, but as I said it quits half way before the application starts. I already put the exception in the firewall for the MagicJack on the port specified by the Tech support at MagicJack. No USB sockets are in use, and yes the sockets work because my webcam works perfectly on it. I usually say remove the hardware from the system tray and then pull it out from the USB socket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: