Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack Audio Dropping Out ? NYC ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickiev
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: MagicJack Audio Dropping Out ? NYC ?

Hey guys,
Anyone else living in the New York City area with MagicJack having a problem with incoming and outgoing audio dropping out for about 5 secs during the conversation ? It happens to me roughly everyday 8 mins and 15 mins into the conversation.

Area Code 212, 718, 347, 917 and 646 is within NYC Local Calling Area.

Thanks
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject:

This used to happen to me but has not in a long time since I blocked the NYC proxy server.
Rickiev
Dan isn't smart enough to hire me

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:

hsweiss wrote:
This used to happen to me but has not in a long time since I blocked the NYC proxy server.

How can I block the server?
hsweiss
Dan Should Pay Me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Remove MJ from the USB port.

Open a DOS (aka Command Prompt) box and type:

route add 216.234.64.8 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.253
route add 216.234.64.12 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.253

Substitute an address on your local network for the 192.168.1.253 (which happens to be the address of my HP printer). Some have had success using a non-existent address but I found that if I didn't use a real address, it wouldn't work. The above will route anything to the NY proxy and sip servers to an address that will just drop the packets. MJ should figure this out and try to find another set of servers.

Plug MJ back in and it will restart. You might have to do a restart from the Menu -> Advanced Users if you can't place a call at first.

This will not damage anything because the routes are temporary - a reboot of your machine will wipe out the changes. I have this in a .bat file for ease of change when rebooting. Lately, I've just put these routes directly in my router so I don't have to worry about doing it in XP anymore.

If you find that this works for you, you can make the route changes permanent by adding a -p (permanent) as in 'route add -p'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> Magic Jack Technical Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: