Unofficial magicJack Forum

Unofficial magicJack Forum

Your Unofficial magicJack and magicJack Plus phone service information resource
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MagicJack bug report option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyzzy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: MagicJack bug report option

1. Click the softphone.
2. Hit Ctrl + Alt + F7 twice.
3. This will open a new windows with the title Please send your bug report to magicjack.
4. Write down the problem description, next choose the option Create Bug Report file and I will send it Manually.
5. Hit Submit button, save the file in your desktop for easy access, the file name will be named (SoftphoneBugReport.tgz), a new window might appear after the process, just hit the CLOSE button of that new window.

I was given info this by chat support. None of the email addresses I was given to send the file to worked.

The created file is a gzipped tar archive. You can see the individual files in 7zip. They start with a magic number of SJEN. The only reference I have found that mentions this type of file is http://magicjackhacks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=62&func=view&catid=7&id=259
CodeMonkey
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY, a way to send the gripes to someone who can actually FIX them. Doesn't mean they will be fixed but its progress.
xyzzy
magicJack Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Actually, the email I was given in the chat session bounced. The email listed in the program also bounced. I wouldn't count on anyone actually even seeing a bug report.

These are the files in the archive:
    Description.txt
    SIPTraffic.sjen
    magicJackOpts.sjen
    ResFAT.sjen
    DownloadManager.sjen
    OS.sjen
    Languages.sjen
    AudioDriverEvents-Timeout.sjen
    AudioDriverEvents.sjen
    AudioDriverEvents-Output.sjen
    AppExitLockManager.sjen
    MME.sjen
    Log.sjen
    AudioDriverEvents-DSoundOut.sjen
    UDLL.sjen
    magicJack.sjen
    Features.sjen
    NetworkInterface.sjen
    STUN.sjen
    CurrentOptions.sjen
    magicJackCfg.sjen
    WinFirewall.sjen
    AEC.sjen
    magicJackSubsystems.sjen
    ApiServer.sjen
    SoftwareUpdate.sjen

I thought that the ability to generate the information MJ would use for debugging might be of interest to those looking to extend functionality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficial magicJack Forum -> magicJack Tips, Tricks, and Hacks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: